LA - HI round trip in November

tcs1366

We are planning a group trip for Nov 4th, 2014

I've just started my research and have not read A LOT, though scanned a lot of posts. Seems the weather can be hit or miss, as i've read posts of good seas and bad seas. [i'll just make sure I have plenty of Bonine]

I'd love to hear comments of anyone having done the round trip in November.

If all goes well, we will be on the Grand Princess.

I've decided to do this cruise for the journey, not necessarily the destination, though I know Hawaii will be spectacular.

I did find the Hawaii Roundtrip Cruisers thread... I have plenty of time to read all 42 pages.

First, the Grand is sailing out of San Francisco, so you might want to check on that. I will be sailing her on December 20.

I have not done the trip in November but I have done it in December. The weather was cool leaving LA and the first sea day was cool but then started to get nice. When you leave in colder weather, you will find that anything warmer starts to seam nice. Hawaii is about the same all year round and our weather was great including a beach day.

If you like sea days it is a great cruise. For me its like 3 trips in one. first you have the trip over and then you are real busy for 4 days and then you have 4 days to rest up on the way back.

enjoy

http://www.princess.com/find/priceDetails.do?voyageCode=A437&tourCode=&date=&noOfPax=2&resType=C&definition_name=&airCity=&air=

in 2014 the Grand is out of Long Beach.

and my longest 'sea day' length has only been 2 days, but enjoyable.

Like I mentioned, it's all about the journey.... we should have a group of 16 - 20 people.

and I guess -- the weather,, what ever it is, will be better than November in Chicago'burbs.

I sailed Nov. 2012 r/t Hawaii, we had cool days going and coming, but we still were able to sit out by the pool and watch movies. It was never rough. But from one year to the next its a roll of the dice. Just come prepared with jackets and jeans. It is a nice cruise. There was a earthquake in Alaska, going over. We never felt it.

I was just about to start a thread asking the same question when I found this one. There has been a big shakeup by Princess with cruises being cancelled for Hawaii itineraries in 2014. Our 10/20/14 cruise on the Grand was cancelled and we rebooked for November on Grand outmof LA. We've done Hawaii a few times in sept/oct but never November and I was,wondering if there is something I should know about weather or sea,conditions that would be,different. We love this,itinerary and have never been on the Grand. It would be helpful to hear about other experiences. Love CC for this reason.

We did the r/t from San Diego thru the Hawaiian Islands in 2005. On our particular voyage it was terribly rough both ways, and our time in Hawaii was calm, On this particulate itinerary, I feel it is the luck of the draw. We had friends go the next November and their cruise was smooth sailing the entire way.

Archived