Miami Dinning

cruisebrat15

We are a family of 6 staying in the Miami Beach area for two days pre cruise I am looking for some ideas of where to eat thats good and not too expensive and family freindly. We will go to the bayside market one of the nights any suggestions??

We always go to Monty's Stone Crab (http://www.montysstonecrab.com) in Miami Beach. You can either eat upstairs inside (more expensive) or outside at their raw bar (casual, there's even a pool there). It's next to a beautiful marina and right on Governor's Cut, where all the cruise ships sail out of Miami. If you can get there by about 4:30 or so, you can watch them sail away. They look so graceful floating by, and the food is wonderful!

There are a number of nice restaurants in the Ocean Drive area as well as the Lincoln Road mall. My personal favorite for places to eat in Miami Beach is Mangos on Ocean Drive, though I am not sure how "family friendly" someone would classify it. (I'd rate the place PG-13).

We ate at Bayside at a Cuban restaurant on the second floor over looking the bay/boats-can't remember the name, but it was in the southern wing of Bayside. Portions were huge and food was excellent. There were 4 of us and we all loved the food. Prices were reasonable. On South Beach , there is a very authentic restaurant on Espanola Way called something like Hosera Romana on the north side of the street about half way down the block. The food and atmosphere were excellent. It was a little pricy, but not too bad. Then, for an inexpensive meal on Ocean Drive go to the Irish Pub/restaurant-again don't remember the name, but it the only one on Ocean Drive. Good sandwiches, burgers, etc. There is outdoor dining where you can watch the crowd on Ocean Drive. Food was good. Pizza Rustica on Lincoln Way Mall area is good and for dessert try Coco Gelato-there is one in Bayside and one over south beach area near Espanola Way. It is expensive, but such good "ice cream". Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll second Monty's at The Grove, but you might want to also check out Lincoln Road Mall. It's walking distance from SoBeach, just slightly to the north. It's really a city street approximately 6 - 8 blocks long that has been closed to vehicular traffic. There are lots of shops, vendors and open-air restaurants to check out. I highly recommend it.

Beth

Well Barton G isn't exactly cheap, I guess it was about $30-35 per person, but it's a LOT of fun. The food was almost too pretty to eat. The presentation is WAY over the top, and it's also GOOD!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived