Turkey

Cqis

Can anyone help with information on Marmaris and Alanya ,Turkey. Can you walk from the ship? What is a "don"t miss" spot? I am at a total loss with these ports.

Thanks for any info.

Can anyone help with information on Marmaris and Alanya ,Turkey. Can you walk from the ship? What is a "don"t miss" spot? I am at a total loss with these ports.

Thanks for any info.

We did a lovely cycle ride from Marmaris all the way around the bay to Icemeler & back; our ship keep their own bikes onboard :)

You can get off the ship & walk into the old town & old harbour within 10 minutes - easy walk in. Marmaris itself is a very busy resort but the views across the bay and the sea is beautiful. If you want just a pleasant stroll & swim you could do that - there are hotels & bars for miles along the promenade and sunbeds galore!

Another time we went to Marmaris, we took a jeep 'safari' into the mountains as a group - we had a superb day out & saw some traditional Turkish villages, stopped at a couple of beaches for a swim, did some off roading & swam in a waterfall - it was beautiful. Another good trip to do but involves a bit of travelling is a trip to Dalyan (google it!). Lovely beach that can only be reached by boat with Ancient Lycian Rock Tombs carved into the hills as you drive past in the boat.

Haven' been to Alanya yet I'm afraid ;)

Archived