need some info please.

I was just telling someone about my plans for the upcoming 10/02/05 Mariner cruise. Well, they raised a ? I could not answer. We have booked a rental car thru Budget for our return from port back to Orlando airport since we have a late flight (5:18pm) back and didn't want to spend all day sitting around the airport. They asked what we did with our luggage after we turn the rental back in? Do we check our luggage before we turn car back in? Do they have someone that can help get all our luggage back to whatever terminal we're to fly out from? We don't exactally know right now how much luggage we will have but we could have as much as two checked pieces each, plus a carry-on & two personal items(camera case, purse, backpack etc.) That alot of luggage to move around a busy airport! We will hopefully not have near that much but the ? kinda concerned me. Any help or past experiences? :) :/ :)

I would recommend driving up to Skycap and checking in with them. You don't have to worry about lugging your bags up a level and then standing in line. You can follow the signs back around to get to the Rental Car area.

Sorry to ask so many stupid questions but we have never flown with checked luggage , only a short flight with a carry on bag. Is skycap the same thing as curbside check-in? We are flying on American Airlines and I know they have curb side checkin at the Dallas/Ft Worth airport not sure about Orlando? So if we use skycap we pull up check-in, get our boarding passes and given them our checked bags. Then we go to Budget and return our rental. Tell if I've got this straight? Thanks for you help!

Signed,

Not a frequent flyer!!! LOL!!

Sorry to ask so many stupid questions but we have never flown with checked luggage , only a short flight with a carry on bag. Is skycap the same thing as curbside check-in? We are flying on American Airlines and I know they have curb side checkin at the Dallas/Ft Worth airport not sure about Orlando? So if we use skycap we pull up check-in, get our boarding passes and given them our checked bags. Then we go to Budget and return our rental. Tell if I've got this straight? Thanks for you help!

Signed,

Not a frequent flyer!!! LOL!!

Dear Not a frequent flyer, :D

Yep, you got it. The Budget car rental is at the airport. No shuttle bus to worry about. 3 will be fine. I think Inshape was talking more as soon as you got off the ship and got back to Orlando too early.

Thank you for helping clearing this up! I would still like to know (if someone knows) how early they will allow you to check in and check luggage. Just in case we run out (very doubtful) of things to do or see and get back to the airport sooner than 3pm.

This board rules, never had a ? left unanswered! :E

Once again the answer is a simple one. To bad you have not already thought of it.

Simply put both your luggage and passengers out at the same time at the Skycap area for your airline.

Than only the driver takes the car back to Budget and only the driver walks back with no luggage to meet the other passengers that were just dropped off.

Why try to complicate such a simple thing.

In this thread's inital posting by you the word "we" was used numerous times. Thus by simple logic there has to be other passengers in the vehicle besides the driver.

Once again the answer ... in the vehicle besides the driver.
Maybe you need to read.gif the thread again. No one was trying to complicate anything. Besides, how is dropping off a passenger with a pile of luggage more logical then checking the luggage in at curbside?

When you phone Airline to check when you can check in luggage...remember to tell them you have just come off a RCCI ship.....we found that in Miami....we were able to check our luggage in at least 6 hours before flight with AA...(although ours was an International flight)...the staff at the airport noticed our RCCI bag and said as we were cruise pax we were allowed to check in early.

Liz

Thanks for all the great help!!

I did not mean to complicate the issue for some, I'm just not a frequent flyer and in fact I haven't flown since before 9-11. What seems simple to someone else is not always so for others, that why I asked the question so I could be informed and make the best/easiest decision. There will only be me & my hubby, whom I'm sure doesn't want to leave me on the curb with a load of heavy luggage to move around!!

We will use the skycap for check in and move on to the rental drop-off! I will call/email AA and see how far in advance they accept luggage for this flight!

Again thanks for all the great help, eased my mind!

I rented from Budget, if I remember correctly, at MCO in January. The rental return is at the front of the parking garage directly across a small crossing from the terminal. We dropped the car then walked across the street to check in. It was very convenient.

Archived