RCL kids club :: some queries

mcgrate

Hi everyone, travelling on Navigator of the seas in October with our lively 3 year old daughter.

Her bed time is usually about 8pm depending on the day that we've had and if she's had a nap during the day or not.

I'm wondering about the kids club evening session - its 7pm - 10pm Now my daughter would never last until 10pm but if she had a nap during the day, she would definitely last until 9pm.

Have you put a 3 year old into the evening kids club? what kind of things do they do with the tots at that time of night? Id LOVE a night at Choppes with my husband but for some reason i get the guilties just thinking about bringing her to the club that late :-/

2nd question:

We'd love to do an excursion to Mt Etna when in Scilily (just myself and DH - DD would not be able for hiking). What are the kids club hours for port days? Is there still the break between 12pm and 2pm where we'd have to pick her up? (Im not sure if there are short excursions for just an hour or two)

Have you done a port excursion while your child was at kids club? For some reason, that gives me the guilties too but I know she'd be safe etc onboard. Definitely safer than on Mt Etna! haha

Thanks !

Can't answer about the excursion as I've never done it but in regards to the kids club, my 3 yr old went every night until 9 or 9:45 (depending if they were showing a movie that night). She is a night owl and has no problems staying up until 11 though if we let her! (No naps, she gave those up at 2.5). She always had the most fun in the evenings, that's when they seemed to have most activities (princess party, pirate party, t shirt painting, face painting). This was carnival though so may be different.

On vacations, timetables tend to get skewed a bit...so kind of "go with the flow"! If your daughter is enjoying the kid's club, don't feel guilty about nighttime sessions.....she's having fun...you're having fun.....it's a win-win thing!

Can't help with the port day schedules! Sorry!

Policies vary from line to line, but if the Navigator is RCCL Navigator of the Seas, RCCL's Adventure Ocean is open while the ship is in port and you can arrange to have the counselor's take care of lunch for your child while she is in their care.

There is considerable debate on this and other boards about leaving your child on-board while you are on an excursion. How comfortable you are with this is really a decision you need to make. If, worse case scenario, you miss the ship your DD will be taken care of (it may cost you a bit) until you can "catch up" with the ship -- but I'm sure it would be terrifying for you :eek:.

Many who do choose to leave a little one on board, will say you should take a ship's sponsored excursion -- the ship will "hold" for one of it's excursions that is slightly delayed and if, for whatever reason, could not hold -- it would be easier for everyone to communicate your status. And if worser than worse case scenario and something "happened" to one of you, the excursion company and the line would be able to get your child off and reunited with to you more easily.

But yes, it is do'able on RCI

Archived