best beach for honeymoon couple? Need lounge chair, drink, relaxation/calm area

CruisingGatorGirl

• 2 weeks later...
There are four beach clubs on 7 mile beach and they all get crowded with old folks and families. Just book a room at a hotel and congratulations.

I am considering this option when we go on our cruise later this year:

http://www.resortforaday.com/

click on Grand Cayman. It's at the Westin. It might be costly for just 2 people and there's nothing about any extra cost for loungers and umbrellas, but it should be less busy than the beach clubs.

I'm also considering the Royal Palms Beach club because it sounds less wild than the other beach clubs and we want to relax.

http://royalpalmscayman.com/

Haven't been to either of them yet, though.

Kris

If your ship also goes to Cozumel please try Passion Island. Great lunch. Sit on lounge chair. They bring you all the drinks you want. All included in the price. This is where they filmed the Coors Beer commercial a few years back.

What would be the best beach for us on our honeymoon?

We are using this day as our "beach day"

We would like to be able to rent lounge chairs, maybe be able to get a drink, and preferably a more quiet, relaxed area?

Prefacing by saying that I know this isn't what you want...but we love spending the day at Smith Cove. We are a bit biased, as we got engaged AND married (eloped) there. But if you can do without a lounger and can bring your own beverages, it's a gorgeous spot. Nice beach carved out of the ironshore. Some fun snorkeling from shore.

We bring snacks from the ship/in port, walk across from port and fill the cooler with some cold beers from the liquor store and then cab it over there. We end with a late lunch at My Bar at Sunset House and cab it back from there. My favourite day.ImageUploadedByForums1376616604.791796.jpg.a02c769ececec3175c658fd55bb6e6bb.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1376616584.332278.jpg.1cb24b7b5207723b609408fec005b04e.jpg

Archived