Secret Falls & Tubing

Mac9624

We will be on the Allure of the seas going into Falmouth late September and were thinking of this excursion. Have read many good reviews. What exactly do you do at the falls? We are both in our 50's but somewhat still active(not overly) and was wondering if this would be a good fit for us. Any info on both excursions would be helpful

• 3 weeks later...

We were just there last week while on Allure. The ship does not offer this excursion so we did our own. We used Liberty Tours Jamaica and went to Secret Falls, Shaw Park and Scotchies for lunch. 2 others in our van went river tubing. Liberty tours will customize to what you want to do. Their price is VERY reasonable. Our group of 6 was very happy with their service. I highly recommend them. Look them up on the web and they also have a Facebook page with pictures. The Allure is amazing!!

We were just there last week while on Allure. The ship does not offer this excursion so we did our own. We used Liberty Tours Jamaica and went to Secret Falls, Shaw Park and Scotchies for lunch. 2 others in our van went river tubing. Liberty tours will customize to what you want to do. Their price is VERY reasonable. Our group of 6 was very happy with their service. I highly recommend them. Look them up on the web and they also have a Facebook page with pictures. The Allure is amazing!!

What was the water temp? Was there stuff to do at the falls for the not so active type? any pics or info would be great w.scott.emack at gmail dot com

DH and I did the secret falls and tubing with Barrett Adventures in March and had a great time. The river was up some then so we didn't swim in all the area you see in the photos on their website, but got in in the calmer pools and loved it. There was some walking, but not too much and not too difficult. We had the place to ourselves, and our guide did a great job of taking photos for us. Just take a waterproof camera! The tubing was very enjoyable, and not rough at all. Our guide took good care of us and was very entertaining. The water was a little cool, but it was refreshing. We had time for lunch at Scothie's and some shopping on the way back to Mo Bay. It was a very enjoyable day and got us away from the other thousands of tourists in port that day! I can email you some pics if you would like.

What was the water temp? Was there stuff to do at the falls for the not so active type? any pics or info would be great w.scott.emack at gmail dot com

The deep part where the huge waterfall is was cold, because it is shaded by trees and woods. But I thought it felt great! We swam in it for a little bit, then went exploring with our guides. There are lots of places that are not very deep. I sent you a group picture of our group at that place. They have 2 guides per group and help you walk thru it all. I Loved it!!

The deep part where the huge waterfall is was cold, because it is shaded by trees and woods. But I thought it felt great! We swam in it for a little bit, then went exploring with our guides. There are lots of places that are not very deep. I sent you a group picture of our group at that place. They have 2 guides per group and help you walk thru it all. I Loved it!!

I did not get the pic. email w.scott.emack@gmail.com

Hi Mac9624,

I was with Rose during this trip. I previously posted a review with lots of pics but unfortunately, the board took my review down. I guess they do not want cruisers to promote local private tours as much.

Here are some of our pics at Irie Blue Hole/Secret Falls.

9568782850_b8e2bdc9b4.jpg

View of the largest falls.

9568792522_526fe039a9.jpg

One of the smaller falls. The water massage was so good!

9568799126_f95e3f2abe.jpg

It will be up to you if you want to jump or just enjoy the scenery

9566007185_a218f062b0.jpg

Here is the rope swing. I tried this but my jump is terrible! This is my BIL doing the swinging

9568792008_eaf4a10049.jpg

Aside from having such fun. Great place for photo shooting too.

9566005829_c31c5ffd5f.jpg

Our cruise group with our wonderful guides at the Secret Falls.

I also have pics of other parts of Ocho Rios and our lunch at Scotchies. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll post some of them.

Hi Dee,

Thanks for the pics and info. Looks like Ya'll had a great time. I haven't booked yet for our up coming Allure cruise. Strongly leaning toward the falls and tubing. All pics would be welcome.

Hi Dee,

Thanks for the pics and info. Looks like Ya'll had a great time. I haven't booked yet for our up coming Allure cruise. Strongly leaning toward the falls and tubing. All pics would be welcome.

We did have a great time! I am very glad I booked our tour and get to see a little bit of Jamaica as it was our first time visiting here. We did not do the river tubing but two of our companions did while we tour around Shaw Park, the highest point where you can see all of Ocho Rios.

Our companions said they had a great time doing the river tubing.

Here are more pics:

9566010117_5970f4079e.jpg

View of Ocho Rios from Shaw Park

9568806646_c98b521fd2.jpg

Supposedly Mick Jagger's house on top of the hill at Shaw Park

9568805838_46b95385b6.jpg

With our guide and driver, Ricardo Riley, of Liberty Tours Jamaica

9568810626_c6644eefd2.jpg

Sizzling jerk chicken at Scotchies

9566014675_cd7145e29c.jpg

Lunch at Scotchies: Coconut rice, 1/4 chicken and Red Stripe Beer. All for $7 and so delicious!

9568808580_56b50e689e.jpg

Scotchies is an open place and pretty big.

How high are you before jumping in falls, or can you get in another way?

There are different heights throughout the falls. I am a chicken, so I went in at the lowest point you can jump from and I mean really low!- a couple feet!

• 8 months later...

Our group just visited The Blue Hole as well last month and used Ricardo at Liberty Tours Jamaica and LOVED it. It was the most amazing experience of our life, as it was stunningly beautiful. The area was very quiet and peaceful, water was turquoise blue, just like the pictures above. We explored the hidden caves, swung on a rope swing, and jumped off cliffs into the refreshing water. This was the highlight of our vacation. The pictures above describe this well, but seeing it in person is a million times better. Ricardo treated us like family, and we felt very safe with him, he made our vacation very memorable. We made a friend for life and will definitely use him on our next visit to Jamaica.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! We just got off the Breeze. We used Courtney Taylor for our excursions in Jamaica and could not be anymore pleased with our trips to the Blue Hole, river rafting and lunch at Scotchies. We were quite a mixed party with two 60 year old one with rods in the back, a 35 year old Down syndrome son ,daughter and son in law 30 somethings and their 2 and four year old boys, so we didn't know what to expect. We had crazy Dean as our guide and he made sure that we got the best of all guides at each stop. They took extra care of the kids and said that they were the youngest to ever do the Blue Hole. Yes both boys took the leap with a guide and loved it. They carried them both up the side of the waterfall and still were able to assist us up the hill and encouraged all of us to jump, which we did and it was quite the rush. after 4 jumps we were ready to move on to our river tubing. We had 2 guides ( Orlando and George ) who kept us safely away from the rocks and banks and sang to us all the way. After all of this activity we were off to Scotchies, a stop not to be missed great Jerk,peas, rice and festivals and some Red Stripes. We invited Dean to eat with us and enjoyed his company and conversation. So if your looking for a company that goes above and beyond look no further than Courtney Taylor. He's the bomb!!!:)

Hi! We just got off the Breeze. We used Courtney Taylor for our excursions in Jamaica and could not be anymore pleased with our trips to the Blue Hole, river rafting and lunch at Scotchies. We were quite a mixed party with two 60 year old one with rods in the back, a 35 year old Down syndrome son ,daughter and son in law 30 somethings and their 2 and four year old boys, so we didn't know what to expect. We had crazy Dean as our guide and he made sure that we got the best of all guides at each stop. They took extra care of the kids and said that they were the youngest to ever do the Blue Hole. Yes both boys took the leap with a guide and loved it. They carried them both up the side of the waterfall and still were able to assist us up the hill and encouraged all of us to jump, which we did and it was quite the rush. after 4 jumps we were ready to move on to our river tubing. We had 2 guides ( Orlando and George ) who kept us safely away from the rocks and banks and sang to us all the way. After all of this activity we were off to Scotchies, a stop not to be missed great Jerk,peas, rice and festivals and some Red Stripes. We invited Dean to eat with us and enjoyed his company and conversation. So if your looking for a company that goes above and beyond look no further than Courtney Taylor. He's the bomb!!!:)

I think we get your point. You have copied and pasted this same paragraph 8 times to different threads. We can all read thank you.