OSJ Hotel And Rental Car

frisbeewife

I know there are tons of posts asking for hotel reservations for San Juan, and Old San Juan in particular, but I haven't seen one that addresses my concern. Here's the deal: DH and I will be flying into SJU on a Wednesday for a Saturday cruise departure. We'll have 2 full days to explore before the cruise. I was thinking of wandering around OSJ one day and the other day getting a rental car and visiting El Junque and whatever other driving around we want to do.

So my initial plan is to stay in a hotel located in OSJ (maybe the Sheraton or El Convento?) so we won't need a car and can easily walk around sightseeing. My biggest question is, where would we rent a car? Would we have to go back to the airport or are there rental locations in OSJ? Maybe the hotel has a way to arrange for a rental car? Any advice would be welcome - I hate to pay for a taxi back and forth from the airport again just to pick up a rental car if there's a way of avoiding that.

Thanks!

We rented a car while there one trip....... we stayed at El Convento but picked up the car early one morning at Sheraton OSJ which is an easy walk from El Convento. We returned it same place later that day as we were boarding our cruise.

Archived