Child Life Jacket

LIfe jackets - the real kind- are supplied in your cabin, and are worn to the muster drill before the ship leaves port. Your cabin steward makes sure you have the right number of each size. Besides adult, there are at least two child sizes that I saw.

For the pool, we brought swimmies for our four year old, who doesn't swim yet. In the children's pool, he didn't need them, but he also swam in the regular pools with us.

Because we had booked a few shore excursions, and I was unsure about what would be available, so we bought a life jacket for him at sports authority. It's got the coast guard safety/ approval tag on it. He wore it on the beach in Cozumel, because the coast dropped sharply from the sand at the beach we chose. (paradise beach). Of course, once we got there, it turned out they had them available.

When we took a snorkel/swim with the sting rays tour, we used it again. The snorkel vests provided by the tour did not seam as secure.

Have a great time!:)

nope... you are better off bringing your own. One hint... the combination of salt water and the vest irritated my sons skin. He wore a light t-shirt under the vest and that worked great.

Archived