Local snorkeling company

pballa

We were in Roatan this past Feb 2013 and we went snorkeling with a company that had a dock in the French Caye area. We could see the dock of Arch's Iguana Farm across the water. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the company that took us snorkeling. We went in the water right near their dock. Does anyone know the name of this snorkeling place? We are going back in March 2014 and would love to go snorkeling there again. I will also take any suggestions for other good and inexpensive snorkeling companies in Roatan.

We did a "cheap" snorkeling trip in Cozumel in 2012. I think it was $25 and sold by one of the sales guys at the pier. They took us with a small boat (capacity for 6, we were 10) to 3 "reefs". We barely saw any coral, yes there were fish but not colorful at all. The snorkel equipment was old and they used the life jackets for floating, I guess those would not work anymore in an emergency situation as the straps were ripped off. I think we just really got what we paid for and won't do it again. :rolleyes:

We were in Roatan this past Feb 2013 and we went snorkeling with a company that had a dock in the French Caye area. We could see the dock of Arch's Iguana Farm across the water. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the company that took us snorkeling. We went in the water right near their dock. Does anyone know the name of this snorkeling place? We are going back in March 2014 and would love to go snorkeling there again. I will also take any suggestions for other good and inexpensive snorkeling companies in Roatan.

Was it the Jolly Roger catamaran?

Was it Fantasy Island? We have used a small company twice, based at French Harbour, " Roatan Ocean Adventure." The owners is Herbert Woods. He lives next to Arch Iguana and you can see Fantasy Island from his dock. His company likes to stay in French Harbour, but he will go where you want to go. We saw lots of Lobster, Rays and tons of fish. It is very beautifull in French Harbor.

Archived