Questions about Best Western Plus Chateau Granville

I have to say Thank You to everyone on this board. I truly couldn't plan a trip with out it. I have a question tho: We are coming back from a cruise and we are going to spend the night in Vancouver. The only thing that we had planned on doing was the Hop on Hop off bus. Just wondering if the Best Western Plus Chateau Granville would be a good choice as far as location, any eating places close by and being able to get to/from it. Would we just take the Canada line from the pier to the hotel and then also take the Canada Line to YVR? Also, is the Hop on Hop off stops close to this hotel?

Thank you very much again

Errr - no and no to your last two questions. While you could take Skytrain partway, bus would be more useful (though buses are *not* set up to handle luggage). Have a look here, I've slotted in the Pan Pacific (as it's right on top of the cruise terminal) as the start point for a Transit route on Google Maps for you - the likely cab fare would be under $10, it's less than a mile.

As to HOHO stops - the Holiday Inn stop on Howe is just a block from BW Ch. G, but Granville is blocked to traffic for a big chunk of the street so the HOHOs don't go right past the hotel.

The consistently-offered advice about the location is that both a Pro and a Con is the closeness of a lot of bars, restaurants & clubs. Granville is our official Entertainment District. It's one of the loudest parts of town overnight. If your travel companions are party animals, it's probably perfect - but unless you can guarantee a room at the back of the hotel away from the street it's not going to be optimal for a nice quiet night.

Nowhere downtown is far away from anywhere else downtown - have a look at the scale of that Google map above - so any downtown hotel will be close to plenty of restaurants at various price points. Ditto close to Skytrain - a few blocks walk or a few dollar cab ride will get you to a Canada Line station from any downtown hotel that isn't out in the West End.

Archived