Anyone been to the Pirates Museum in Nassau?

laughoutloud

I have been there, its been a couple of years, but here's what I can tell you. It is kind of neat... there is a large replica of a pirate ship when you enter and then you go into the ship and there are some areas that look like the inside areas of the pirate ship, with pirate manniquins to show how they would have lived. Then as you continue there are some smaller displays, more educational/museum type stuff. You can learn a lot about pirates and the history of that area if you are the type to read all of the plaques. The whole experience doesn't take very long, it is pretty small. They also have a bar and the adults get a free drink with admission (if I remember correctly) and a nice little courtyard area where you can sit outside. It is very close to the main shopping area of Nassau, and you can easily walk from the ship. I can't really say whether your kids would enjoy it. My son is only 20 months old, so I don't know too much about 4-7 year olds, but my guess is that they would enjoy it, especially the 7 year old. With the 4 year old, it depends on if he scares easily, I think. There isn't anything scary or disturbing in the exhibits, I don't think, but it is kind of dark in there. Its not a high tech type of place, more like a look and learn thing so I guess it depends on whether your kids like that and are into pirates! I would take my son when he is around that age, I think. Sorry this got so long, hope it helps.

Hey, laughoutloud-

When are you going? If it's before 7/24/05, would you mind posting what you think of the place? I'm considering bring my 12 and 10 year olds-mostly for the 10 year old.

Thanks,

Mary

There are excursions there offered by the ship - did you say you can walk there from the ship? We were thinking of going there too, and were going to book it. Can you just walk in, or are there set tours? If we can walk there, I'd rather do that then pay for a 2 minute ride!

I'm back from the Norwegian Dawn and Nassau, but we didn't get to go to the Pirates Museum. Yes, it is only a short walk from the ship and not a bad neighborhood either. We had to be back on board by 11:30am and there just wasn't enough time to get 4 lazybones out of bed, dressed, fed, to the museum for a full visit and walk back. We ended up just taking a stroll down Bay Street (?) for a couple of souvenirs and headed back. (By that time, my little one was already crying to be carried back.) With the wonderful time we had, I'm pretty sure we'll be back on that ship & itinerary real soon...:)

Archived