Souvenirs from Italy?

sgh20037

Hi. You mentioned linens. I am interested in getting a nice set of made in Italy sheets. I will be in Venice, Rome, Florence and Naples, among other ports. Where would you recommend I look? Do you have a fav. store for linens? Thanks. Diane

That is a good question. Unfortunately we brought back table linens, so I can't answer about bed linens.

• 2 months later...
I second the recommendation for Pecorino, preferable from Pienza. You can buy a wheel have it cut into quarters and vacuum packed. Theybwill tell you how to store it at home.

I also visit a Coop and bring home food related items....porcini boullion cubes are a must...small and easy to pack added to risotto, pasta sauces and soups bring the flavor of Italy home. Haven't seen anything like it here USA

Also small packages of spices to make sauces etc also found in Coop or many shops throughout Tuscany.

In Rome Campo Fiori market has great bins of mixed spices that are wonderful for cooking at home and remembering Italy.

Like to bring olive wood accessories and kitchen items.

Just don't try to bring home salami!! It's a no no, most food items packaged are fine just not meat

Ritaly, thanks for the tip on the porcini cubes. I had a hard time finding these, but finally found them at a shop in Siena. Bought 6 boxes, wish I had just cleaned them out. When I opened the suitcase it smelled wonderful! I wish I could find them here. They add a nice layer of flavor to sauces, and am going to try them with risotto.

Bought some spices as well, though I looked for fennel pollen and although I can find it on Amazon imported from Italy, everyone I asked about it thought I was crazy.