Too young for Oriana????

Cruisegirl23

Hi wondered if anyone can help me....though too late as booked.

Due to some unforseen circumstances I am now going away with my parents on the Oriana at the beginning/mid July to the Med.

I am looking forward to this but a bit worried as i dont want to be the only 23 yr old on the ship. I know there will be more 'older' people on there, but could anyone tell me if there will be any people my age on board?

Thanks Alot

Hi, I think you may be just too old to go to any of the various clubs, but we travelled on the Aurora last year and my niece who is 19 found a group of people to hang around with, you could always write/phone to p&o and ask them if they could put you on a large dinning table with at least one person your age, it worth a try. If not hang around the disco, you're bound to bump into someone. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

The do have a singles meet & greet, but as I am married I am not sure what age group attend these meetings, you could always arrive late and just pop your head in and if they all look over 60 you could just say 'sorry wrong room'

Chez

:-)

You are going on the Oriana in the school holidays. I think there will be a number of families on board and you shouldn't have any trouble meeting up with others your age. I hope you aren't too young. We are taking our 19 and 22 year old on her for christmas.

Elaine

Hi there

Just been on Oriana for 19 nights and there were several young people on board. My veiw is that its the outlook and personality that count as have met some fantastic 'older' people and some really miserable ones - equally have met some really miserable youngsters and some really great ones! At 46 can no longer class myself as a youngster :-)

Have a great cruise!

I'm off for a weekender on Arcadia next weekend - that will certainly be great mix of ages as the short break ones always are.

Graham :)

Hi Cruisegirl,

We went round the med on Oriana in October. I am sure that you will enjoy the cruise. I must admit that there were only a few teen and twenties on our cruise, but there's quite a bit to do during the day.

Harlequin's bar which has a good dance floor, is buzzing during the evening (good news) with 'proper' dancing (bad news!!!). We did have a bit of a moan about this, but I guess that the 'majority rule'. However after 11pm, the disco starts up and you can enjoy the music until the small hours. Get chatting to the DJ - he will take requests so you can get your own choice of music. It was a good mix when we were there. Your best bet is to stay in bed until lunch time, and then chill by the pool til dusk!!

Have a great time!

Terry

Archived