MSC Divina Yacht Club over Christmas

bzv143

DH and I are new to MSC and planning to go on the Divina over Christmas in a Yacht Club Suite. We are a little worried that there may be a lot of unruly kids throughout the Yacht Club public areas. Has anyone had experience during a big holiday with "kid overflow" in the Yacht Club?

We have a little PTSD from past Christmas cruises on the more mainstream U.S. lines like RCI, etc. where the parents let their kids run wild, and we do not want a repeat...

DH and I are new to MSC and planning to go on the Divina over Christmas in a Yacht Club Suite. We are a little worried that there may be a lot of unruly kids throughout the Yacht Club public areas. Has anyone had experience during a big holiday with "kid overflow" in the Yacht Club?

We have a little PTSD from past Christmas cruises on the more mainstream U.S. lines like RCI, etc. where the parents let their kids run wild, and we do not want a repeat...

iTS THE xMAS HOLIDAY SO THAT MEANS MORE KIDS. Maybe not so much in the YC.

• 3 months later...

We sailed on Poesia last Christmas and there were a lot of kids.

It's the Holidays and kids sail free. I doubt the YC will be as crazy as the rest of the ship, but I think you should just get used to the idea now, "just in case".

If the thought of children worries you that much you may want to consider sailing when the bulk of kids will be in school.

I understand what you mean by "unruly" kids, honest I do. Some parents do seem to let their kids get away with behavior that I would consider unacceptable (mine are 9 and 7 and by no means angels - I apologize now to anyone in YC over Thanksgiving, LOL!). But, kids will be kids and it's just part of sailing over the Holidays. It is their vacation too, so I try to let me kids get away with a little more than they usually would do at home.

You may want to try regent seven seas or a cruise line like that. Will be a lot more expensive but no kids club and very few kids. There are also destinations like the hotel blanc which is a palace brand hotel in Cancun adults only no kids.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk