Does insurance cover?

loppster

We are cruising in October of this year and we are curious if insurance will cover if we decide not to go due to a hurricane in the area.

I don't think it will be covered if we "just don't want to go"?

Thanks!

You're right - not covered if you just don't want to go. ;) I say go!! They really try to stay ahead, behind, to the side, of a storm. It might get a little rocky, but that could be fun if one is in the right state of mind :)

Everyone here tries to be as helpful as can be, however; You should never solicate advise from a public forum on matters that could have a large financial impact on you and yours.

My advise, read you policy carefully and if you have any questions contact your insurance provider.

disclaimer. This is not intended in any way to be a flame at anyone who may have or will respond to the OP. :)

Most plans have a provision for cancellations due to inclement weather including hurricanes. However, the cancellation must originate with the travel supplier, not the traveler. If the travel supplier -- in this case the cruise line -- does not suspend opertions because of the weather situation you're expected to be there.

Archived