Culinary classes

cdn.cruiser

Is it possible to watch the culinary classes?

I think I read that it used to be and now you can't. Is that correct or did they change it again?

Also I understand that there are culinary demonstrations in another venue, is that correct?

How many do you think there would be in a 14 day TA crossing with many sea days?

Thanks in advance.

On the trip I was on they had a class each and every day, you can See under manage your cruise on the O web site, each class is different so you can pick the one that interests you. No you can not watch, they locked the door when the class started. They had a demo with the Ex Chef and the Chef from Red Ginger one afternoon in the show lounge.

On the trip I was on they had a class each and every day, you can See under manage your cruise on the O web site, each class is different so you can pick the one that interests you. No you can not watch, they locked the door when the class started. They had a demo with the Ex Chef and the Chef from Red Ginger one afternoon in the show lounge.

My experience was different. My wife took cooking classes on a recent TA and I sat at the side on a couple of occasions and took photographs. I did not stay for the complete class but the door was not locked and I went out and came back once. This was on Riviera. Maybe it varies with who is giving the class.

Only one demo? Even for a 14 day cruise with many sea days?

Hopefully the instructor will let us watch. I don't mind the fee but I prefer watching rather than cooking on a holiday, lol.

Has anyone experienced more than one cooking demo on their cruise?

Thanks for the info.

Only one demo? Even for a 14 day cruise with many sea days?

Hopefully the instructor will let us watch. I don't mind the fee but I prefer watching rather than cooking on a holiday, lol.

Has anyone experienced more than one cooking demo on their cruise?

Thanks for the info.

We were on the maiden voyage pf the Riviera, and while there is a "Visitors Gallery" built into the design of the Culinary Center, Oceania was forced to eliminate visitors from the classes, mid cruise, because of the conduct of those passengers who wished to "visit".

IF your ship-mates are better behaved (i.e quiet and cooperative) you may have better luck, but I would NOT count on it.

I took several cooking classes on Marina. Spouses and visitors were well behaved and were able to observe and take photos -- no problem. Guess it depends on the crowd (and the instructor). Nobody messed with Chef Kelley.

As for the free demonstrations (in the lounge), we had one per week on my recent Nautica cruise. I cannot recall the chef's name but he was so hilariously funny and so quick witted that I commented that he was better than any of the entertainment I had ever seen on O.

Archived