LeHavre port

Clintonian

My wife and I drove it about 1995. It was an easy drive then.

Still an easy drive.

But if you intend only to drive to/from Honfleur rather than venturing further afield - perhaps further along the coast to Trouville/Deauville - it'd be a whole lot more convenient & probably cheaper to take/share a taxi.

Unless you want to discuss philosophy & the meaning of life ;), language will not be a barrier.

JB :)

We have done the drive many times and its easy (especially if you have a GPS to get you out of Le Havre. As JB says, if you have a car it makes sense to also visit Deauville (which is a bit further from Le Havre then Honfleur). We once went to Honfleur, had lunch, and then drove back the other direction and visited both Etretat and Fecamp in the afternoon (a lovely day). Rental cars really give you a lot of options....and we always try to take advantage of the freedom to see what we want, when we want, with who we want :)

Hank

• 3 weeks later...

we rented a car from Rent@car here is their email le_havre@rentacar.fr their office was right at the port. Took a GPS and drove to Juno and Omaha beaches. Stopped for coffee in Honfleur on the way back. I think we made it back to drop of the car by 5PM. Honfleur is beautiful by the way and maybe 30 minutes from the port.

Archived