Christmas Suprise

LANERACING

We are taking my boy friends boys with us. Ages 9 and 11. It will be part of their Christmas presents and want to make it hard for them to figure out.

Any one have suggestion's or clues for us on what to do???

Thought about scavenger hunt but not sure about the clues.

Thanks in advance.

Will you be home on Christmas day and open gifts then leave?

If so, you could pick up summer time items (beach towels, sunscreen, hand sanitizer, tooth brushes, hats, sunglasses, flip flops, swim trunks, etc. ) while there are good sales on summer stuff and also pick up inexpensive book bags (or sport sling bags) and a lanyard for their sign/sail cards. Fill the bag with some 'goodies' that will occupy them during 'down' times (new games, cards, puzzle books, insulated cup/lid, etc.) You could have all the stuff packed in the book/sport bag and include a couple luggage tags (print from my docs and laminate with packing tape)... include a couple zip ties...

Lots of items on sale in stores right now with summer at an end and back to school sales. You'd not want so much they can't carry the bag themselves..... but enough to get them excited and provide needed items for the cruise.

If you wanted to 'do' a scavenger hunt.... you could hide the items and clues around your home. Have them unwrap the bags first with the first clue.....They can then fill the bag up with the final items being the luggage tags!! Could be lots of fun!!! You could do clues like.... Here I hide with my neat side, I'll help you dry your backside.... and put a wrapped beachtowel in the linen closet.

If they only visit weekly..... you could spread the hunt out over several weekends. This could include a trip to the library where they 'do' research on a port of call (would require one of you getting to Library early and 'planting' the search item....)

Have fun!!! You will be making memories they will never forget!!

I saw a cute youtube video of a family that used puzzle pieces! each kid got a few pieces and they had to work together to put it together for the surprise! It was great!

i'm taking my kids just before christmas, but i'm simply going to pick them up from school and start driving! lol

good ideas in the earlier posts too!!

Archived