Roatan Dive Operator Options...

augie

We'll be calling on Roatan on our cruise on Carnival Valor this coming January.

I contacted Anthony's Key Resort directly only to find out that they are the ones Carnival contracts with, so if I dive with them it has to be through the ship's excursion.

I'd prefer not to dive the ship's excursion if possible, so do any of you know of any other dive ops there that would logistically work for a two tank boat dive?

We're supposed to be there from 7:00AM to 3:30PM ship's time.

Thanks!

... I dove with them earlier this year and had a good experience. They're on the West Bay Beach, working out of a hotel by the same name. Nice operation. Good sized boat. Nitrox available. Good dive master (Anja, I think her name was). Good gear.

Only negative was they don't have a pier/dock, so you have to wade through the water -- it gets about chest deep -- carrying your gear. Kind of a hassle if you have things you don't want to get wet. However you'll find this typical of all the operators at West Bay Beach. A minor negative, really.

Make sure they take you to Spooky Channel...

Thanks Colonel. I just emailed them to ask about a dive in January from the NCL Sun. I have been looking for a dive shop, and they even let you have your own DM for additional $20.00. I like that.

try www.suenodelmar.com; ray lopez will pick u up and drop u off at cruise docks...the dive op has it own house on the water with dock/boat even a restaurant..dive master Jeff is superb...have fun..r/wes

On the Colonel's recommendation I went with Sueno Del Mar last March and they did a great job. My family ended up with a boat to ourselves. My wife and daughters snorkeled while I dove. It was a great time. We ate at the restraurant above the dive shop and ran into the cruise director and the previous night's entertainer from the Horizon eating lunch there as well.

Archived