What is the best hotel with parking near Cape Liberty?

KammFam

• 7 months later...

Hi JennieBee,

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Could you provide more details? Where are you coming from in Pa? Are you coming north on the NJ turnpike, east on I80, or east on I78? What is your exact cruise date and how many days is your cruise? How many people? The answers to these questions affects the advice we would give you.

You must be selective about where you ditch your car in this area.

Hi Carol,

Coming from Pittsburgh to board the Celebrity Summit on May 4th. Options are (1) driving in on the 3rd and leaving the car at a hotel that provides shuttle service to Cape Liberty, or (2) driving from home on the 4th (would rather not) and parking at the dock. Thanks for any help you can provide. Probably taking I-80.

Edited by JennieBee
add more info

Hi Carol,

Coming from Pittsburgh to board the Celebrity Summit on May 4th. Options are (1) driving in on the 3rd and leaving the car at a hotel that provides shuttle service to Cape Liberty, or (2) driving from home on the 4th (would rather not) and parking at the dock. Thanks for any help you can provide. Probably taking I-80.

Most hotels do not provide shuttle service to the pier, it's contracted out.

Parking at the pier is $19 per day...

You can also stop along the way someplace and drive in the next morning...possibly near the Parsippany area...that would leave you around 60-90 minutes to go....and hotels might be a little less, plus it is a nicer area.

You can check stay123.com or trinityreservations.com as well - those are often used by CCers....you have to be selective about the hotels that come up in the Newark airport area though.

What's your budget and how many people...that way we can give you more info..

Good decision. Best of all worlds. You can find inexpensive nicer hotels in the Parsipanny area on a Sat night, particularly on Hotwire. The drive to the port is easy on a Sunday morning. Your car is very secure parked at the port and it will be waiting right there for you when you disembark. And the cost of the hotel/parking is about the same.