Chicxulub

Karlie1

My wife and I will be in Progreso in October. I have been trying to find out information about visiting Chicxulub fishing village. I have been unable to find very little about Chicxulub. I have looked CC, Trip Advisor and just a Google search. Almost nothing. Can anyone help? How to get there, what to see, pictures , etc. I like to visit where there is less tourist. Several years ago I spent 5 days in a little town 70 miles North from Leon Mx. The few pictures I have seen reminded me of my stay. When we return, we would walk through some of Progeso. Thanks for any help!:)

We spend the winter in Chicxulub. There is small food market. There is no dock for the fisherman. They beach their boats and unload directly on to shore. The fisherman usually go out about dawn and come in about 4 PM. Restaurants include the Bamboo Inn (lots of Canadians and Americans), La Casa del Faro ( more NOB's on the beach next to the new pier) and Las Barrilles (local seafood). Chicxulub is a 6 peso collectivo ride from Progreso. There is not much of tourist infrastructure. In my five years wintering in Chicxulub, I do not remember seeing some one who was easily identified as a cruise ship passenger.

PM if you have more questions

Archived