Address on Luggage Tags?

OC Mom

Should you write your home address on your external luggage tags? Is it safe? What do you usually do? I have already printed out a full sheet of paper to put inside our luggage with our complete itin and contact info. We leave Saturday!

Should you write your home address on your external luggage tags? Is it safe? What do you usually do? I have already printed out a full sheet of paper to put inside our luggage with our complete itin and contact info. We leave Saturday!

Business card is great idea. Tape on back. Or put someone you trust address and phone # to help re-locate your luggage, (in case evil people want to rob your house) Have a great trip. I am leaving in July on the Conquest

Always want to have info on the inside in case the outside tags (or handles, wheels, etc) "fall" off. However, if your luggage goes missing, I think it might stay missing for a few months if there is no external clue. Often it will sit waiting and waiting for someone to claim before they open it up to look for clues.

If no external or internal clues, often it will end up here:

http://www.unclaimedbaggage.com/

but only after months and months.

On my way to a cruise, I put all the information concerning my cruise [and hotel, if applicable] on a business card attached to my luggage tags. Wen scheduled to leave, I reverse the card to display my home address.

I either leave it blank, or put my in laws address on it.

I always figured it's a calling card to potential thieves where you list youraddress for them, already shouting that you will not be home.

Koolaid, anyone?

I always use my business address & phone numbers on my luggage tags. I also place a couple of business cards on the inside. I have never used my home address of home phone number for luggage. If my luggage is lost, the chances are much greater someone at work will be available for response. Also, a dishonest luggage handler would be quite surprised to find the address listed on my luggage is a huge research complex.:p

On one of our cruises we learned that it is a good idea to put your name and the address of the police department on your external luggage tags.

I use my business card, but I *REALLY* like your address idea :D

Archived