stingray city: capt marvin or buccaneer stingray city catamaran

La Princesa

Hello, I need to choose from these 2 tours. capt marvin says that there would be about 25 people on the ship and its 3 stops/3 hours. the buccaneer stingray city catamaran is about 40 peoples and it is 4 hours/3 stops... so my question is has anyone done this? why is one 3 hours and the other 4? is it worth having the extra hour but being w/more people???? and is a catamaran nicer than a regular ship and why????? thanks..

A catamaran is a sailboat. If the wind is right, you will sail, if not, I'm sure they have a motor. We used Dexter's Fantasea tours when we were there and had a great time. He only takes about 20 people max at a time. His boat was a catamaran, and it was much nicer than some of the "people-movers" we saw, and we stopped at at least one snorkel area. Captain Marvin's is supposed to be great too... I know they were full when I tried to reserve. I think a smaller crowd is better, and 3 hours is probably long enough.

I have done both Capt Marvin and Dexter and I would highly recommend Dexter for the smaller boat and personal treatment.. he will pick you up from the pier.

In my opinion a catamaran gives a smoother ride and has more room and not as rocky as boat can be.

Dexter is a very concerned local that respects the stingrays and gives you a lot of information as to holding them and feeding them.

Archived