Freestyle disembarkation & car service

laughoutloud

cell phone-- you call when its close to getting off time...except for a real problem everyone is off by about noon...although its a madhouse at noon. no one has ever reported the parking lot being full. I have used it four times without incident.

I would also like to know this. We have a mini bus scheduled to pick us up at 1:30pm. Dawn scheduled to arrive in NY at 10am. Should I make it later - earlier?

I took Shoreguy's advice--I told the car service an approximate time (we were to arrive back in NY at 8:00 am, so I told them 10:00), but I also told them I would call them when we arrived, which is about 2 hours before we'd be able to disembark.

We ended up hitting very rough seas on our way back, and arrived back in NYC 6 hours late (!). Our concierge called the car service for us that morning. People without the services of a concierge were able to use the phones in the lobby to make one (free) call each.

Make sure you know if they are meeting you in fron (where you entered the terminal), or on the 2nd level in the parking area. We didn't clarify that and as a result it took us almost an hour to finally hook up with the driver once we disembarked.

I had the car pick me up at 10 am. I called just as I was leaving my cabin so that it would be about another 20-30 minutes to leave the ship, find the luggage and porter.

I heard someone say that the first people disembark about 2 hours after passing the Statue of Liberty!

Have a great cruise.

Archived