San Juan, PR and St. Thomas with a 2 yr old?

We finally decided on an Eastern Caribbean itinerary for January, and we'll have our 2 1/2 yo DD with us. Our other ports are Grand Turk and HMC, so those would probably just be beach days. DH and I have been to San Juan and St Thomas, but never with a toddler in tow. I'm curious what she might enjoy on those islands. Would the fort be OK with a 2 yr old, or is there something better? Any suggestions would be great.

We finally decided on an Eastern Caribbean itinerary for January, and we'll have our 2 1/2 yo DD with us. Our other ports are Grand Turk and HMC, so those would probably just be beach days. DH and I have been to San Juan and St Thomas, but never with a toddler in tow. I'm curious what she might enjoy on those islands. Would the fort be OK with a 2 yr old, or is there something better? Any suggestions would be great.

We took my daughter when she was about 1 year old to St. Thomas and St. John. On St. Thomas you can visit Coki Beach and they have a huge aquarium right on the beach. The snorkeling is great at Coki Beach and they will give you dog biscuits to feed the fish. On St. John we went to Trunk Bay which has to be the most beautiful place I've ever seen. The snorkeling is amazing there and they have an underwater map of the fish.

Just a note....you don't HAVE to snorkel if you go to Trunk Bay! You can simply use the beach....the water is spectacular!

Yes, I think they have trails too and delicious food. I am taking my now 2 year old to the Caribbean and getting one of these. http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Window-Calypso-snorkeling-raft/dp/B0001Z816Y/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376679839&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=toddler+snorkel+float

In PR, we have walked up to Old San Jaun with the stroller. There are a few shops we like to go to when in OSJ so we got some shopping in. It is a little bit of a walk up the hill, but doable.

If you can get as far as the fort, there is a lot of open space to let the kids run free and tire themselves out.

• 1 month later...
I'm curious about the car seat too.

I found out for a friend who went with her 14 m old in San Juan at Thomas and Bahamas at marten that she did not bring her car seat and did not need one she just buckled the baby on her lap but some cabs didn't have seatbelt so she waited for one

Archived