Controvery onboard Empress of the Seas

Right after I booked my cruise two friends sent me articles roughly describing that cruise ships were to be the new targets of suicide bombers. Can you imagine if terrorists took out the Disney ship with Disney being such a icon of

Americanism?

I can't believe people are still in denial regarding our safety.

I can't believe it either. Who would have ever believed 2 planes would take down our World Trade Center?

Remember the Achille Laurel? (sp?) Terrorists took over a cruise ship and tossed a man in a wheel chair overboard. Very scary!

Jill

Since this is our first cruise, I thought this might be a great time to get a family portrait (since it's been a LONG time since we had one taken!). How many different pictures are taken on a cruise and approximately how much do they cost to purchase? Do we get to choose from a few poses? Two weeks to go, and I thank everyone for all their help on these boards -we knew absolutely nothing about cruises up until a few months ago!

There are lots of pictures being taken, especially on the formal nights. It's best to get ready early and get in line early if you have a large group.

The pictures are put up in the photo gallery and you have the option of buying them or not.

Once you find your pictures, you take them to the counter. I think 8x10s are $19.95 and lower prices for the smaller ones. If you find one you really like, they can make a reprint in a larger size for you if you wish -- just ask.

The ones you don't wish to puchase you put in the recycle box where they're taken to the paper recycling system.

It's considered rude to leave your unwanted pictures on the wall as they take so much space and make it harder for others to find their pictures.

Since this is our first cruise, I thought this might be a great time to get a family portrait (since it's been a LONG time since we had one taken!). How many different pictures are taken on a cruise and approximately how much do they cost to purchase? Do we get to choose from a few poses? Two weeks to go, and I thank everyone for all their help on these boards -we knew absolutely nothing about cruises up until a few months ago!

Several years ago while on the Empress, we did stop and rescue some Cubans. They brought the 'boat' they were using aboard. Nothing more than styrofoam and rope. Don't know how they made it. But today I would not want anyone to be brought on board the ship. I think that is the right thing to do. Make sure they are safe call the CC and just stay in the area until cc arrives. Today you just never know. Five years ago would we have thought 2 jets would fly into the World Trade Center? I am not paranoid but do side with cautuin. JMHO

Jan

Archived