Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

What a shame about all the curries, l like a Korma or Tikka and that's about it and unless l make it at home or buy in I'm snookered here as no one delivers.

So it's another fabulous day here in Yorkieland, pup is enjoying the sunshine and I've just finalised all the cruise arrangements for October.....well as far as l can for now...l like to be organised!

St Micheal Angus burgers for lunch with BBQ beans and homemade chips, with a wee tot of the Casa Blanco;)

Live in lodger(aka Daddyo or pita :rolleyes:) will have two fried eggs on his to fill him up! :D

No iceberg wedge today;)

Sophia

My wife keeps nagging me to stop buying in and make them as she claims mine are much better than anything we eat out or get delivered. I think it is the thought of the delivered ones rather than the actualite. I have a Zoji and a Cuisinart slow cooker down here so there's no excuse and I guess that will be Tuesday's job.

What make is your pup?

Just sent her out for some Dijon mustard, some burgers and some baps. So both of us will be burgering today.

11am on the balcony means a vodka and tonic industrial size and strength. :D

E6FCB7D1-AD7D-4E56-B7FA-F94D074ECD74_zpsfsemyyhr.jpg

My wife keeps nagging me to stop buying in and make them as she claims mine are much better than anything we eat out or get delivered. I think it is the thought of the delivered ones rather than the actualite. I have a Zoji and a Cuisinart slow cooker down here so there's no excuse and I guess that will be Tuesday's job.

What make is your pup?

Just sent her out for some Dijon mustard, some burgers and some baps. So both of us will be burgering today.

11am on the balcony means a vodka and tonic industrial size and strength. :D

>F94D074ECD74_zpsfsemyyhr.jpg

There's only one strength IMHO! I do however prefer a slice of lime with mine as lemon dries my throat for some reason!

My little boy is a black lab, had him since he was 7 weeks old and he's a dream dog. Lost my faithful GS last November so pup is filling the gap:)

Sophia

There's only one strength IMHO! I do however prefer a slice of lime with mine as lemon dries my throat for some reason!

My little boy is a black lab, had him since he was 7 weeks old and he's a dream dog. Lost my faithful GS last November so pup is filling the gap:)

Sophia

Lovely. A black lab would be a prime choice for us ... although I do love the independence of those little terriers.

I so miss our two cockers. I think about them every day.

:(

What's on the menu today...it's a cool beautiful day in south Florida...unusual of this thine of year to be so cool...looking forward to the food pics and your famous vinaigrette recipe s'il vous plait!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lovely. A black lab would be a prime choice for us ... although I do love the independence of those little terriers.

I so miss our two cockers. I think about them every day.

:(

We've always had dogs, even inherited one when we bought the house and the vendor told us he'd shoot him if we didn't take him on! A no brainer and l won't tell you how l responded to that!

The little fella I have now learned well from my beautiful GS before he died..l still miss that dog terribly....he was a one off.

So....let the burgers see the grill! :)

S

We've always had dogs, even inherited one when we bought the house and the vendor told us he'd shoot him if we didn't take him on! A no brainer and l won't tell you how l responded to that!

The little fella I have now learned well from my beautiful GS before he died..l still miss that dog terribly....he was a one off.

So....let the burgers see the grill! :)

S

Our last two were Bob and Ben. Two cockers born on the same day but to different litters. We brought them home as soon as it was right and they grew up with us. Bob was black and white roama and the Ben a pure black cocker. Ben was a bit of a ladies dog and would tolerate me, but that was it. bob was my dog. Obstinate, naughty, independent the full thing.

At the end of his career he became ill, and we kept him going but the day came and we had that terrible trip to the vets we all fear. back we came with his lead.

Ben, looked at me come back through the front door and looked for Bob, who of course wasn't there. I sat on the floor with Bob's lead and Ben, for the very first time , came over sat in my lap, stared at my face and licked me all over and simply lay in my lap. It was as though he knew that I'd just lost Bob and he decided to adopt me. From then on he filled Bob's space and looked after me. He ceased to be my daughters and my wife's dog .. but he most definitely decided he needed to look after me.

Eventually he got cancer, but they have wonderful doggy drugs and we managed to keep him going for a few more months for a shed load of cash. People think you're barmy spending a fortune on keeping a dog alive for a few weeks. But they were wonderful weeks. I miss them both, particularly Ben who adopted and looked after me.

:)

What's on the menu today...it's a cool beautiful day in south Florida...unusual of this thine of year to be so cool...looking forward to the food pics and your famous vinaigrette recipe s'il vous plait!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good day! Florida .... sun .... arghhhhh!

Not precise but I use a discarded jam jar size bottle and fill it with 65/35 ish oil to vinegar as the starting point. The oil is almost all unfiltered green thick olive oil topped up with some chilli oil and some garlic oil making the 65%. Then only red wine vinegar. A big big slug of Dijon mustard, sea salt, coarsely ground back pepper, some course sea salt, some caster sugar and just a dot of water which helps with the shaking.

It is lovely on leaves.

Hope you have a nice day in Florida. The burgers were sold out to the football bbq people so she came back with some mince and onions for me to grate and they are on the griddle at this very moment.

What are you eating today? Where are those piccies?

Husband in Texas visiting grandsons so I will be foraging for myself

But will try the vinaigrette on some "leaves".

I don't know how to upload pictures

But truly spectacular weather here today

Our dogs, a border collie and Australian cattle dog are enjoying the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Husband in Texas visiting grandsons so I will be foraging for myself

But will try the vinaigrette on some "leaves".

I don't know how to upload pictures

But truly spectacular weather here today

Our dogs, a border collie and Australian cattle dog are enjoying the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

The lovely thing about the vinegarette is that it's so forgiving. Its all to taste in the end!

Where in Texas is hubby?

I really enjoy Dallas, and once had to take some rather gnarled and old experience UK bankers to Dallas and we had a "day off" and they expected me to entertain them. I booked a bus without much idea of what to do, and took them to South Fork which was currently in those days not open to visitors but was a private house, but I explained rather imaginatively I thought to a person guarding the property that we were the UK Dallas Fan Club and could they let us in to look around. Perhaps it was because we were Brits. He made a call and we were in. It is very very small but we were showed around by the oweners.

I'd never leave my gal foraging for herself whilst I went off to Texas!

:D

Bloody dogs. They love you unconditionally, they never answer back, they're always ready to be the 'class clown' to cheer you up. Then they bloody die on you. I've still not got over the loss of my last dog, and it's been almost 13 years. Won't get another one because I can't put myself through that again.

Right, now I've spread sunshine all over the thread, :D I'll talk about food.

Tonight we're having some pork joint thing, again cooked by the Head Sommelier. It's from Packington Free Range, via Ocado. He'll probably do roasties and some sort of carrot thing as a side dish. As long as there's lots of lovely crackling I'll be happy .

Sounds like a lovely place. Your description of the waiters ... for some reason!

Do you remember Schmidt's?

I don't think so

Was it a sausage Haus

Careful how you reply

When your boss came back from shopping did you say to her "nice baps "

Also had a dreadful offering from Laithwaites, just to top the evening off. It was Italian red- again - and called Il Papavero. It's allegedly one of their best sellers, so either my palate is off due to infirmity :D or we had a bad bottle. The red wine vinegar in the pantry would have preferable.

I don't like Laithwaites they have terrible wine.

They have been lucky with their aggressive marketing and supplying the Sunday Times Wine club amongst others.

I tried them for a couple of weeks a few years ago

Dreadful wine merchant

Bloody dogs. They love you unconditionally, they never answer back, they're always ready to be the 'class clown' to cheer you up. Then they bloody die on you. I've still not got over the loss of my last dog, and it's been almost 13 years. Won't get another one because I can't put myself through that again.

Right, now I've spread sunshine all over the thread, :D I'll talk about food.

Tonight we're having some pork joint thing, again cooked by the Head Sommelier. It's from Packington Free Range, via Ocado. He'll probably do roasties and some sort of carrot thing as a side dish. As long as there's lots of lovely crackling I'll be happy .

It was my fault. Just don't dribble or lick me!

Enjoy the porky worky ....

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

I don't think so

Was it a sausage Haus

Careful how you reply

When your boss came back from shopping did you say to her "nice baps "

I think it was in Charlotte Street. A German restaurant staffed by self employed grumpy German waiters.

I bet the salt and vinegar crisps clash with the Rioja

Medium Rare burgers?

Always 175f+ (well done) in complete compliance with UK (and common sense) food hygiene rules.

I am afraid I even use a probe every time ..... :rolleyes:

Always 175f+ (well done) in complete compliance with UK (and common sense) food hygiene rules.

I am afraid I even use a probe every time ..... :rolleyes:

I bet you wear a white coat and one of those disposable plastic hats.

Hope you will do a Sunday roast tomorrow

I'm at Gravetye for mine.

I bet you wear a white coat and one of those disposable plastic hats.

Hope you will do a Sunday roast tomorrow

I'm at Gravetye for mine.

I'm envious ... well a little bit. :D

Nothing much here. If it's sunny I think it's going to be ham, egg and chips with Hovis cut on the bias in the posh style, on the balcony. Frugality will be observed by leaving the crusts on.. Or something else. There might be a bottle of Breddon Champers as I filled every nook and cranny of the SL with the stuff.

I'm getting a lot of strange email today ...

Privet dear Pascale

I am happy person and enjoy every day of my life. I am reliable and value

friendship very much. I treat other people with respect and accept the fact

that every person has own way and own view on things http://www.xxxxxxxxx.xx

My heart is open to sincere and mutual love. I dream about caring and

attentive man.

Cleopatra

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

I'm getting a lot of strange email today ...

I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you.

I thought you would return the love that I have for you;)

Yours forever

Cleopatra

XX

Edited by Mr Luxury