Dutch pancake restaurant in Curacao?

lanceholt

There is no pancake house as such anymore. There are a number of restaurants serving typical Dutch "pannenkoeken".

Downtown you can order Pannenkoeken at Plein Café Wilhelmina of Café De Buuren (walking distance from the pier).

A Dutch pancake is MUCH flatter (and larger) than an American pancake. It is almost thin as a crepe.

Pannenkoeken can be entire meals as the Dutch put many toppings (not only syrup). You can have bacon, apple, powdered sugar or you can go the other way and have onions, paprika, etc,

VERY good!

A Dutch pancake is MUCH flatter (and larger) than an American pancake. It is almost thin as a crepe.

Pannenkoeken can be entire meals as the Dutch put many toppings (not only syrup). You can have bacon, apple, powdered sugar or you can go the other way and have onions, paprika, etc,

VERY good!

Both sound delicious! Have you actually eaten at the restaurant you mentioned? Do they accept American dollars there?

They are big as a dinner plate! The ones we had in Amsterdam were not as thin as a crepe but not as fluffy as American pancakes. You can get them either sweet or savory, yes they are delicious! We've also had waffles in Amsterdam where the syrup is baked into them, and if you are lucky you can get soft serve ice cream on top.

• 4 weeks later...
Any place to get poffertjes? We used to have a cafe that specialized in them but they closed. I need my fix lol

I'll check with Plein Café Wilhelmina for you. There used to be a Delifrance in the middle of the town square, serving yummy poffertjes but they closed shop.

Also, you might want to check closer to the pier at Douwe Egberts or next to Don's Ice Cream shop.

Thanks for the info Isa65, we are on our first caribbean cruise in november and visiting Curacao and Aruba for the first time. I am very excited about it. After a few weeks of foreign food it sounds lovely to order dutch pancakes, poffertjes or a "broodje kroket" or bitterballen :D( don't know the translation of this)

Thanks for the info Isa65, we are on our first caribbean cruise in november and visiting Curacao and Aruba for the first time. I am very excited about it. After a few weeks of foreign food it sounds lovely to order dutch pancakes, poffertjes or a "broodje kroket" or bitterballen :D( don't know the translation of this)

These folks might help you out:

http://www.eetcafedeburen.com/index.php?pg=23

https://www.facebook.com/pleincafewilhelmina

Both walking distance from the ship. Plenty other "terraces" serving snacks. Riffort Village or the Waterfort Arches. You'll have SO much fun recognizing things from Holland in the tropics!

Archived