Large aft Balcony or Interior Spa - Dream

angeleyez915

I have have completed final pay on an Interior Spa cabin on the Dream for October. i was doing mock booking today and see that there was a price drop on the balcony so i thought i would see what the difference would be... only 200.00 total more than what i paid for the Interior spa

Question 1 - since i have already completed final pay if I were to change to the Large Balcony would there be an additional fee to change?

Question 2 - (I have only been on one cruise and i had an interior cabin) Would you do the change to the balcony or just keep the Interior Spa and why?

We booked 2 spa interior rooms on the Breeze this past May. I watched the rates go down and saw the balcony rooms were only $200 more. I had never had a balcony room because of the price. My husband, son and nephew had one of the spa interior rooms and my two daughters and I had the other. I was afraid to move to the balcony because it would not be a spa balcony room and I was afraid that one of my daughters would miss the spa. After showing her a picture of the balcony room online, she told me to go ahead and get the balcony room. This was a great move for us. My husband thought the spa interior room was very small. All the guys loved our balcony room. They did use the spa some but for us, having the balcony was a lot better than a spa interior room. We had already paid the final payment. There will not be a fee for upgrading. We were on deck 9 port side and the guy were on deck 11. We did have smokers next to us and a couple of times we had to leave our balcony because of the smoke. Spa balcony rooms do not allow smoking. You can always buy a spa pass for a day or weekly pass. Balcony rooms are GREAT! I say-upgrade while there are still balcony rooms available. The week after I upgraded, all the balcony rooms were gone. Have fun on your cruise.

Question 2 - (I have only been on one cruise and i had an interior cabin) Would you do the change to the balcony or just keep the Interior Spa and why?

On a 7 day cruise, my personal preference is a balcony. I love watching the ship arrive in port....room service for breakfast while out on the balcony. Same for leaving port....a nice piece of cheesecake on the balcony while leaving (ordered with breakfast then put in the fridge). Late nights out on the balcony with my husband are great too. :)

I know a lot of people enjoy the spa, but I don't know that I would get that much use out of it because of all the other things to do. I'm a port person and never stay on the ship while we're in port. Since there are 4 ports on the Dream cruises, it lessens the amount of time available for the spa. I have toured the spa on the Dream a couple of different times and always say I'm going to buy a day pass. I have yet to do it, but there's always this year...ha ha! Maybe the fourth time is the charm. ;)

Long story short...I get more use out of the balcony.

We had a spa interior on Dream. I thought it was fantastic. We used the spa t-pool and thermal suites every night. While everyone was getting ready and heading to early seating dinner we would be watching the sun set while relaxing on the heated tile loungers. It was a quick flight of stairs up to the serenity area, if I wanted to be on deck. Plus we got tan towels instead of blue to show we were "special" LOL:p

We don't spend a lot of time in the cabin, but we sure spent a lot of time on those heated loungers!!

We had a spa interior on Dream. I thought it was fantastic. We used the spa t-pool and thermal suites every night. While everyone was getting ready and heading to early seating dinner we would be watching the sun set while relaxing on the heated tile loungers. It was a quick flight of stairs up to the serenity area, if I wanted to be on deck. Plus we got tan towels instead of blue to show we were "special" LOL:p

We don't spend a lot of time in the cabin, but we sure spent a lot of time on those heated loungers!!

after working the week i've worked this week sitting in heated tile lounges sounds like pure heaven... 82 hours in one week - i need a break soon!!

I think I'm going to stick with the spa cabin - i doubt my kiddo and i will be in the room much either i'm sure i'll get more use of the spa than my 15 year old son but thats ok lol

For me, the interior spa cabin would be a no brainer. Last year I ended up in an OV spa cabin and my husband and I LOVED the spa benefits. We used the T-pool and the steam rooms every day.

I watched your review videos - they were awesome :) and the reason I was torn on what to choose lol however, after this week and how crazy work has been and does not appear to be much of an end in site soon... i'm going to need the spa so I've pretty much decided to stick with it i think - I was thinking mostly about my kiddo who I am doing this cruise for... but he really wont be in the room much knowing him so i think the extra i would have paid for the balcony is just going to go for something added for his bday instead :)

Archived