Wifi - seven seas society

lisemare

Rally - I think most of us understand that the connection will be slow and uploads will be glacial, but I think the biggest complaint was getting connected in the first place. Signal strength in our suite last month was abysmal, usually only one bar, and if you moved, you'd lose that. And the login/authentication process is cumbersome and poorly designed. They should have an authentication server on board so you can at least authenticate - if they had one, it was painfully slow.

I think we can all live with slow connections, but for the love of God, make them easier to establish and more stable - THAT'S my major complaint...

This part I completely agree with and I suspect it is the focus of the upgrade Regent, Crystal and perhaps others have recently announced. As for in varios cabins . . . If one has a bulkhead between the cabin and the router, connection will be slower, maybe even non-existent. One one ship the IT folks were kind enough to loan and install a signal applifier of some sort so we could connect, which solved the problem (while taking up most of the desk :). None of this, including upgrades, is likely to increase actual download and upload spped, unfortunately.

On our trip this month from Copenhagen to North Cape and back, we had several days with no TV, no Internet and no cell service. Everyone was playing games, reading or just out and about conversing. We knew it was coming so no one really cared.

However, I do agree that when it is supposed to be working, it is very slow. DH must work some on the longer cruises and finds that early (5:30) works best for him.

Archived