Spleen? Anybody?

bankofdad

House of Hong and that entire block got demolished for Outrigger's new Boardwalk project. Bank of Dad - any kind of oriental food? Chinese or Pacific Rim? For Chinese, you could try Legend Seafood - the store in Waikiki (specifically, the Waikiki Trade Center). They're primarily known for their dim sum which would be a lunch/brunch item but their seafood is reportedly very good as well. Another option might be the Golden Dragon restaurant in the HHV. Very pricey for Chinese food but also very good. Another option might be doing Japanese and going to Kyo-ya (at the entrance to Waikiki on Kalakaua). You can get sushi and your DW can get other kinds of Japanese foods (like teriyaki chicken or something along those lines). Small blurb on the restaurant here

Spleen

House of Hong and that entire block got demolished for Outrigger's new Boardwalk project. Bank of Dad - any kind of oriental food? Chinese or Pacific Rim? For Chinese, you could try Legend Seafood - the store in Waikiki (specifically, the Waikiki Trade Center). They're primarily known for their dim sum which would be a lunch/brunch item but their seafood is reportedly very good as well. Another option might be the Golden Dragon restaurant in the HHV. Very pricey for Chinese food but also very good. Another option might be doing Japanese and going to Kyo-ya (at the entrance to Waikiki on Kalakaua). You can get sushi and your DW can get other kinds of Japanese foods (like teriyaki chicken or something along those lines). Small blurb on the restaurant here

Spleen

Thanks Spleen! You must have been writing your post at the same time I was posting for worldsbestcandles. Kyo-ya sounds like a great option!

That is really sad. I remember going to celebrate family events there as a kid. That was my first experience of Peking Duck, not eating it mind you, but the presentation of it!:eek: Imagine my surprise.... I was 6 or 7....

The funny story in our family was that I am so picky that I would never eat Chinese food. So when the family would be going there (and I say family in the true Hawaiian fashion, i.e. twenty some of us), my Mom would always whisper to me on the way there that she would take me to McDonald's after if I was still hungry as longas I didn't make any faces about the food.... I still get teased by my family "Steph, is that an ok place for dinner or will we have to take you to McDonald's after?" *SIGH*.... I'm 26 years old for cryin' out loud! I actually will eat White rice now! What more can they ask?:D

Archived