Allure All Access Tour (w/ photos)

z44212

I think it depends on what member of the cruise director’s staff you get as a guide. We did the Allure All Access tour last year and our guide just acted like he was trying to get it over with. No laundry room, no mooring deck, etc. Whereas I think I read some tours actually got to see the brig and the morgue! We did walk through the crew dining area and a couple of their lounges and of course the bridge but it felt like our tour guide just kept looking at his watch like how soon can I get rid of these people . I had already taken the tour on the Monarch so expected so much more . . . that tour was only $75 but was much more extensive. There were only three of us on the tour and the chief engineer actually took us into the engine room – not just the control room. It was very noisy but we walked between/above the engines and saw the shaft rotating as we were underway. The security people who were with us had never even been down there and they were very pleased they got to see it. We also walked through the crew’s quarters (but did not look in any rooms obviously.) That tour concluded with a nice lunch with a few members of the cruise director and security staff, and we learned even more from all their stories! The huge differences between the two tours (on the same cruise line!) make me a little leery of plopping down $150 again, although I continue to be fascinated by the workings of the ship. But I think it’s kind of a crapshoot what you’re going to get.

Have been on a couple of these tours on NCL and they are considerably cheaper ($55); however, neither went near the crew area or the engine control room.

Thanks for the post. Loved the pictures.

I understand why it costs $150, because if you made it $20 then you'd have hundreds of people that want to sign up. But why not make it a little more reasonable, such as $50-60? If I recall, on Oasis, I think there were perhaps only two days of tours with maybe only 2 tour times available each day. So 4 total? And only a small group for each tour?

They could make this a regular ship "excursion", essentially 7 days a week, maybe a few times per day, if they really wanted to. But in the end, it is more work for the crew and perhaps the crew don't want the daily invasion of privacy.

I did the Allure tour in April. No badges, no gift bag, no apron, no SWAG of any kind.

It was a great tour and we did get a "free" drink at the Britto Bar, and in the kitchen some ice cream and chocolate covered fruit.

It's hard to hear in some of the areas so try to get as close to the front as possible.

We booked it within an hour of boarding the ship.

I would hope that no one would ever post a picture of the badge on a public site like this.

There is no PII on the badge. I think I still have mine. It doesn't grant you access to the crew areas.

Do you recall the time that they ran the tour on Allure on the final sea day?

I believe 9:00 and 9:20 AM.

Thanks for the photos, were going on the Allure in Sept and I had no idea Captain Johnny was on this ship. We sailed 3 times with him on the Mariner and it'll be nice to see the bikes out again!

i don't think Captain Johnny will be on in September..

i believe he begins his vacation next week. If so, he'll still be on vacation in September.

i believe he begins his vacation next week. If so, he'll still be on vacation in September.

I think you're correct.

The CD switched after my cruise and the captain mentioned that they stagger their leave dates so they don't all change simultaneously. That left me with the impression that he was going to be leaving soon.

Odd that the captain and the chief engineer were both from the same small town in Norway (small being about 4000 residents).

Well that sucks! What can ya do...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...