Dancing on the Dawn

Thanks! Any particuler times for ballroom style dancing?

You have to watch the dailies each day. It will be posted.

I remember seeing it and was very jealous! I'm married to a non-dancer:mad:

We have seen some wonderful ballroom dancing up in Spinnakers, later in the evening but I think there were some earlier times too.

If the times/days are important to you, I can look up the dailies:)

Funny...I just had a conversation with one of my sisters this evening. Our ex-ob/gyn (female) married a professional ballroom dancer a few years ago.

She retired (early) last year.

They have cruised many "ballroom dancer" cruises for the past several years.

You may want to look into that:)

I loved her stories...she would always say "they remember him for his dancing and me for my gowns"!

I'm sure you're watching "Dancing with the stars".

Have a wonderful cruise:)

Svetlana and Roman are ballroom dancers who are in the shows on the Dawn.

They give free dance lessons during the cruise. There was a Cha Cha lesson and swing lesson that I can remember and they are held in Spinnakers.

They will also do private lessons for a fee.

The dancing at Spinakers is usually themed each night. For instance they have a Sock Hop one night with 50's musin by Modal Magic. They also have 70's night. After the themed dances there is a late night DJ playing current dance music.

Hope this helps

On our Dawn cruises they had several big band theme nights in Spinakkers. Modal Magic had a nice evening of romantic dance music there on Valentines night. If you like the music in the atrium, don't be afraid to dance on the terrazzo floor in front of the Java Cafe. We did nightly to the superb music of Anna Y Los Vientos and many other couples joined us.

Thanks everyone, great information! I'm fortunate to have a DH who's a fantastic dancer (tango, waltz, etc.) and he's only 28 yo! BUT he's always giving me excuses why he can't dance ( he's tired, his feet hurt, he has to keep an eye on the kids...) So I bought him these really cushy shoes, and we'll leave the kids at the kids program, Just hoping he won't be too shy to get on the floor...

Thanks everyone, great information! I'm fortunate to have a DH who's a fantastic dancer (tango, waltz, etc.) and he's only 28 yo! BUT he's always giving me excuses why he can't dance ( he's tired, his feet hurt, he has to keep an eye on the kids...) So I bought him these really cushy shoes, and we'll leave the kids at the kids program, Just hoping he won't be too shy to get on the floor...

Good luck on the dance floor. Remember that disco may come and disco may go but the waltz goes on forever.

Archived