hotel park and cruise in New Orleans

LittleJeanne

Has anyone here stayed at the Quality Inn on 100 Westbank Expressway, in New Orleans and used their park and cruise package?

I've been a bit Leary of using the p&c packages because I like to get to the port early. I've read a few reviews of people at various cruise ports having issues getting to the port in a timely manner. Or having problems with the shuttle driver not wanting to pick up their luggage.

I was hoping that maybe some here might have a history with this particular hotel and be able to give me advice based on their experiences.

We did the Holiday Inn park on cruise. It was one block off Bourbon Street. We loved it. Took a cab to the port and were there early.

It was great to be able to walk out your door and be right in the middle of everything.

We stayed at the Quality Inn last year after reading about it here. We are not hard to please people at all, but we will not be returning to Quality Inn. The rooms were dirty and we were thankful we were only staying one night. The shuttle to the port was just fine. We signed up for the earliest pick-up and that was pretty smooth. Once we got off the ship, it was a different story. We were one of the first families at the "pick-up" spot for their shuttle. We waited...and waited...and waited. By the time the shuttle picked us up, many other families had joined us in our wait (no line...just clusters of people) and everyone claimed THEY were there first. It ended up being a bit chaotic and people were basically elbowing each other to get on the bus. This actually will probably keep me from using any park-n-cruise deal again. By the time we waited for the bus, boarded the bus and rode back to the hotel, we could have been gone and 45 minutes down the road.

This will be our first time going to NOLA the night before our cruise, so this part if new to us. We will be staying at The Blake and using the Fulton St. parking terminal. Can anyone tell me how the shuttle to the port will work? What times do they run? Do we have to take our luggage down the street? Since we will be parking there the night before, would it be easier just take a cab the next morning?

Archived