Sky Pizza

smrn

This cruiser new to NCL has a couple of questions. Any help would be appreciated.

1) The pizza on Carnival is free and available 24 hours. Is this the same on NCL?

2) What is there to do in Grand Bahamas?

3) Is there a fee for the food at Longboard (wings etc)?

4) What is the room service menu like? Similar to Carnival's?

5) Is the Ultimate drink package worth it?

Thanks in advance!

This cruiser new to NCL has a couple of questions. Any help would be appreciated.

1) The pizza on Carnival is free and available 24 hours. Is this the same on NCL?

2) What is there to do in Grand Bahamas?

3) Is there a fee for the food at Longboard (wings etc)?

4) What is the room service menu like? Similar to Carnival's?

5) Is the Ultimate drink package worth it?

Thanks in advance!

1. Pizza is free at the buffet. I think its 5$ delivered to your room. (Because its specially made). I would suggest trying it at the buffet and seeing if you like it before you pay for one. On the Jewel I thought it was really good. I ate a bunch. :p The Star put out the same one every day because no one ate it (along with a lot of other items), so I didn't even try it. It looked pretty awful. The other ships fell someplace in between. Generally they're pretty good.

3. Longboard is free.

4. The room service menu is pretty basic. Some items are free, some cost you. After a certain hour they all cost.

I am very excited to try another line. Do you two have any hints or suggestions for me?

Well, not so much a hint.. but outside by the pool is a smaller buffet that serves hot dogs and burgers and the such. The Star had an ice cream stand where they would give you hand dipped ice cream. The main buffet thats inside had a soft serve machine.

Also, the smaller buffet thats outside also serves breakfast. Again, this buffet is not as large as the main buffet, but if you want a quick bite,, better ice cream or you like smaller breakfasts like scrambled eggs, cereals and fruits, its kind of a "hidden" gem.

Most of NCLs ships have some sort of smaller outside buffet that serves food most of the day. Their locations can vary tho.

If the main buffets closed, check the one outside. They are rarely closed at the same time.

Also, keep an eye out for the BBQ grill by the pool. You can get some fresh off the grill items like corn cobs or chicken. Again, not main buffet items. Its not every day, but its listed in the dailies.

Longboards does have fantastic wings. They are LOADED with sauce, had to order mine plain or real lite on sauce. Slow service sometimes but worth the wait. TV's are great at night for sports.

I found the service in Longboards to be blazing fast. Probably depends on time of day. Wings at 3am were excellent!

Archived