Cruise prices go down.....TA's has got a price drop but

amberben

I have booked a cruise on the Celebrity in November. The prices have dropped even for us in the UK. Received a new invoice today and a note from TA saying he has got the new price for me.

The thing is when I booked last year on the invoice it said a price and under it Discount with amount. Then the total. Now would that discount have been from the TA or Celebrity?

You don't say who your TA is and you're not allowed to on the forum, but I can tell you how it works with my (very big, cruise only) UK TA.

There is a Celebrity brochure price and either the same price or a reduced one visible on line. My TA invariably has a lower price, sometimes by quite a big margin. On booking, the invoice shows full cruise line price, but then a TA discount. This discount comes either out of the TAs margin, or is the result of them doing a block cabin booking, or I suspect may also be from volume rebates they receive.

When there is a price drop it comes off the Celebrity headline price and this is reflected in a revised invoice. However, on one occasion last year the price drop was bigger than I expected by twenty pounds or so, because the TA discount had increased as well.

In one case, because it was a block cabin booking I had to email the TA to confirm that I was aware of the reduction and was happy to receive it. The email was for forwarding to Celebrity, so that they could be certain that I was actually receiveing the discount rather than the TA pocketing it.

I've had more than one price reduction on a single cruise but on the second occasion, Celebrity charged a £35 admin fee, which was still good value compared with the massive price drop.

Many thanks for answering,I am so sorry but still not clear if I should have received more discount or not.

Can I give you a for instance please?

brochure price 3038

discount 280

total ..... 2758......so we pay this

new price discount the cruise brochure price has gone down

so a new total is 2560 now has gone down 478 from 3038

that makes the difference 198

can you understand that?

Just got an email form TA. He says the amount is correct as in the beginning a discount was made and the TA can only offer one discount. so it couldnt be discounted on that.!

Oh well I will just have to be thankful for what we got.!

Archived