Early Saver Change Ship

Pookeybear1966

I have the Breeze booked for June 2014 and we are wanting to change to a cheaper ship leaving closer to our home. We live in Jacksonville so my question is:

Can we change from the Breeze cruise to the Fascination out of Jax or do we have to move to the same length cruise? The Breeze is 8 days, the fascination is 5 days cruise.

I was not sure if that was an option or if you can only change to a same length cruise. I know there is a 50.00 change fee per person also. Even if we switched to another ship going out of Port Canaveral we could save a bundle. Just trying to save alittle but still cruise. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I did that when I changed from the Magic TA to the Conquest 7 day. I was given the $50 penalty, but since I rebooked at the same time that I canceled they transfered the rest of the funds to pay for the new booking.

I was told that if I had cancelled and waited until later to rebook the balance from the cancelled cruise would be given to me in the form of an OBC and I couldn't use it to pay for the new cruise.

I have the Breeze booked for June 2014 and we are wanting to change to a cheaper ship leaving closer to our home. We live in Jacksonville so my question is:

Can we change from the Breeze cruise to the Fascination out of Jax or do we have to move to the same length cruise? The Breeze is 8 days, the fascination is 5 days cruise.

I was not sure if that was an option or if you can only change to a same length cruise. I know there is a 50.00 change fee per person also. Even if we switched to another ship going out of Port Canaveral we could save a bundle. Just trying to save alittle but still cruise. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

You should have no problem doing that. When you cancel the Breeze just rebook at the same time and they "should" slide your deposit over to the new booking.

I don't blame you for canceling the Breeze as Carnival is price gouging for cruises on that ship.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

Ok, thank you so much everyone! The cost difference between the 2 ships is at least 2k!!! And I will be sailing from my hometown (JAX) which saves us on driving cost and hotel cost :)

For 2K I wouldn't hesitate for a second. And no air or hotel cost. Cha-ching!

Sounds like they were really price gouging on that cruise.

Very smart move.

Enjoy your cruise.:)

Bill

Just did the same thing from the Breeze to the Legend. There was the known $50/person admin fee - and - since the original booking was early saver, the booking remained early saver and subject to price drops.

Leon

• 1 month later...
Okay, we booked Early Saver and want to change ports/ship/dates. What if we've already paid for our cruise in full and the new cruise is cheaper? Will they give the remaining balance as onboard credit? :confused:

I could be wrong but I think they will charge you 50/pp to change and give you the difference in OBC since it's past final payment. That is my guess.

Archived