Azura A319N...Aeroplane

dodgydino

Did anyone who sailed on this boat see the aeroplane come across the boat the day before we docked back in Southampton...I was on deck 15 by the pool when hearing a noise I looked around to see a (Biggish) plane swooping very close to the water and swaying side to side. Many of us were totally gob smacked and thought it was in trouble and going to crash.

I just wondered if anyone actually found out anything about it....After all its not the sight you expect to see when out at sea :confused:

BTW All in our party had a great cruise visiting many locations ....Cant wait till next year

• 1 month later...

Yes I saw it too! We were at the stern. Only caught a glimpse of it, but it looked like a marine reconnaissance aircraft.

Its quite normal for them to be flying at much lower heights than you'd expect. I didn't see the swaying, but if it was the wingtips going up and down then this is called a 'wing waggle' which is just the pilots way of saying hello, I've seen you! :)

Archived