Balcony Debate

blubonnet

My favorite balcony was the Cove because you are much closer to the water. The aft that we had wasn't my favorite because of the sun and a little ash, but both of those might have been remedied by selecting a different deck. Haven't tried a spa balcony yet but they do have some pluses, especially if you use the spa a lot.

Bottom line is any balcony is better than no balcony and I think you'll love the cove being so close to the water, I know that has been our favorite so far.

Dear Friends and Fellow Travelers,

A great debate is raging! I call upon you seasoned sailors, you critical cruisers, to settle perhaps the greatest question of year (at least in my household!)

Which balcony is best? In one corner we have the cove balcony-safely midship and close the waterline, and in the other Cloud Nine Spa balcony- with it posh blankets, and proximity to the spa. (The peanut gallery also suggest the "Aft-View Extended Balcony"-which is of course aft and extended.)

Price is not a consideration, just merely enjoyment and pure pleasure (breakfast on the balcony, reading on the balcony, and of course enjoying the view, on the balcony.)

Thanks for any help and advice!

xoxo,

A balcony newbie:)

All good, some better. :cool:

I'm going through a cove balcony phase right now. But I've enjoyed the others too.

I have to go with no balcony. I used to always pay for balconies and never stepped a foot on them. We are never in our cabins much so recently we only do interior

Really? Wow we spend most of our cruise on the balcony. I bring binoculars and we order a bar setup and spend hours and hours on the balcony. We set up our ipod and speakers too. Would never go without.

Really? Wow we spend most of our cruise on the balcony. I bring binoculars and we order a bar setup and spend hours and hours on the balcony. We set up our ipod and speakers too. Would never go without.

Never had an Aft - although I'd love to at least see one some day lol. But I can speak for the cove - we love them. I have a fear of heights and the cove lets me enjoy the balcony. We spend a ton of time on our balcony - enjoying the peace and quiet and watching the waves. Coffee in the morning, some adult beverages in the evening. . . it's wonderful.

What is a bar setup? We spend lots of time on ours too. Binoculars are a must! We love to watch for flying fish, dolphins, sea turtles, etc. I can't hardly imagine not having one :) Does anyone know if we can actually see down into the water on the Breeze with a Lido balcony?

What is a bar setup? We spend lots of time on ours too. Binoculars are a must! We love to watch for flying fish, dolphins, sea turtles, etc. I can't hardly imagine not having one :) Does anyone know if we can actually see down into the water on the Breeze with a Lido balcony?

Your best bet to see down into the water is a cabin far forward (like the first 3-4 or so) on the lido. The Promenade deck sticks out a ways from the ship but it tapers in at the front and back. You'll still be able to see the water for sure, but the deck might hinder it a bit. Seems like the cove balconies are the best for seeing the water, plus you're that much closer.

Probably in the minority, but I don't really like balcony cabins. I prefer oceanview. That said, I would probably like a cove best given they aren't up high (not a fan of heights) and I believe from the pics I've seen the paneling is solid versus glass. Just seems like it would make me feel more secure.

On the other hand, DS won't cruise without a balcony and she prefers aft.

In my humble opinion, the aft-extended balcony would be my choice. It's a lot quieter, a little larger than a regular balcony. and the view just can't be beat. The sound of the wake at night when you're out on your balcony reading, enjoying a glass of wine or both:D is not to be missed. I have fallen asleep out on the balcony several times because the sound will just lull you to sleep. As far as soot on the balcony and your belongings, I've not experienced this and I've had this balcony a few times both on Spirit class ships. Also, as per instructions during muster you are NOT supposed to leave anything out on your balconies as it is a fire hazard.

I have my first aft-wrap in January and I cannot WAIT!!!

675775463_PrideCruise010.jpg.2eaed4b196ea608d18c084f98fd4e44b.jpg

783893647_PrideCruise148.jpg.3cf076c64af6e486f8fc7d38ac46d882.jpg

991802439_PrideCruise134.jpg.e14137cb88136ad7a59fa1410b6e0e90.jpg

1765875407_PrideCruise174.jpg.543bf5220ee8270e490d336227efde34.jpg

We had a cove balcony on the Dream and loved it. I love being so close to the water. I also loved the spa on the Dream, so I just purchased the spa package for the week, and the price was better than a spa balcony.
:o

Archived