Can Americans book on UK and EU NCL websites if the prices are cheaper there?

cruisecritiquer

Just curious.

I've already booked our trip but the price difference between this particular trip booked stateside and booked across the pond is a difference of 426.00 with it being cheaper to book on the EU site.

I'm sure everyone already knew this but me. Can you complete a reservation on any of the sites?

Just curious.

I've already booked our trip but the price difference between this particular trip booked stateside and booked across the pond is a difference of 426.00 with it being cheaper to book on the EU site.

I'm sure everyone already knew this but me. Can you complete a reservation on any of the sites?

Yes but be careful because once you book this side of the pond

No price drops

Deposits are non refundable and usually more than the US

I am from the UK and I found it cheaper to book through the EU site than either the UK or US site, as they provided a reduction of 50% for the second person in the cabin being a child. We are a family of 2 adults and 3 children and are split between 2 cabins. Adult and 2 children in one and adult and 1 child in the other

So we paid 2 first passenger prices for each stateroom

2 second passenger prices for each stateroom with 50% off room price but not port fee and taxes

and 1 3rd person rate

This worked when booking this year on the Epic or Jade in April no other ships and not all categories, we booked about 4 months out not sure if the same will happen next year or not?

I only found this out as I accidentally clicked through to the final page and noticed it said there had been a recalculation of the price

The other good things about the EU site is that final payment is 30 days from sailing but it is a non refundable 10% deposit

Damon

Be sure you're looking at USD and not Euros

I failed to put in my OP that I had already calculated the currency conversion.

My M2 Suite on the Epic on my sail date with a family of four is $3,734.00 USD, € 2.264,80, and £ 1868.00.

That means:

$3,734 USD on NCL Site

€ 2.476,00 = $3,301 USD on EU Site (savings of $433.00)

£1868.00 = $2,917.63 USD on UK Site (savings of $816.37)

This is not what I paid (we booked 6 months ago) but I am looking at the rates as of a few hours ago.

Yes but be careful because once you book this side of the pond

No price drops

Deposits are non refundable and usually more than the US

I am from the UK and I found it cheaper to book through the EU site than either the UK or US site, as they provided a reduction of 50% for the second person in the cabin being a child. We are a family of 2 adults and 3 children and are split between 2 cabins. Adult and 2 children in one and adult and 1 child in the other

So we paid 2 first passenger prices for each stateroom

2 second passenger prices for each stateroom with 50% off room price but not port fee and taxes

and 1 3rd person rate

This worked when booking this year on the Epic or Jade in April no other ships and not all categories, we booked about 4 months out not sure if the same will happen next year or not?

I only found this out as I accidentally clicked through to the final page and noticed it said there had been a recalculation of the price

The other good things about the EU site is that final payment is 30 days from sailing but it is a non refundable 10% deposit

Damon

Thank you! Those are things I did not know.

It's worth looking into the fine print of the different web sites. Some will state specifically that they are only for residents of certain areas. It's very similar to how sometimes there are different rates depending on what state you live in.

Also note that the conditions of carriage/booking conditions are dependent on which site you book through, and there are very different legal systems in each area. If you recall the news coverage of the Asiana crash, the American judicial system is typically more open to consumer complaints than many others are.

I booked a cruise through MSC (not NCL) while living in Europe, and when we checked in, I had to show proof of residency in Italy for the cruise we were on as I had booked it through their Italian site as a discount. Again, not NCL, so I don't know what they would do.

For a large savings, it might be worthwhile to call and ask, but I'd be very hesitant to book this without specifically calling to check with the UK or EU broker for NCL. If they determine you violate the terms, you could end up forfeiting your deposit (worst case scenario, but my mantra is "Hope for the best, plan for the worst.")

I failed to put in my OP that I had already calculated the currency conversion.

My M2 Suite on the Epic on my sail date with a family of four is $3,734.00 USD, € 2.264,80, and £ 1868.00.

That means:

$3,734 USD on NCL Site

€ 2.476,00 = $3,301 USD on EU Site (savings of $433.00)

£1868.00 = $2,917.63 USD on UK Site (savings of $816.37)

This is not what I paid (we booked 6 months ago) but I am looking at the rates as of a few hours ago.

wow that is a big difference - we are from the UK and often use a USA travel agent as we really don't get much in the way of OBC offers but have to say when we did the Breakaway recently we paid £800 less that it was to book it on the uK site by using a uk TA. ANd it was a lot less than using the USA TA.

I'm not sure if you can use a UK TA or not if you live in the USA as we needed a USA address to book with a USA TA

As someone else has said, our deposits are higher and non refundable and we cannot take advantage of price drops

It's worth looking into the fine print of the different web sites. Some will state specifically that they are only for residents of certain areas. It's very similar to how sometimes there are different rates depending on what state you live in.

Also note that the conditions of carriage/booking conditions are dependent on which site you book through, and there are very different legal systems in each area. If you recall the news coverage of the Asiana crash, the American judicial system is typically more open to consumer complaints than many others are.

I booked a cruise through MSC (not NCL) while living in Europe, and when we checked in, I had to show proof of residency in Italy for the cruise we were on as I had booked it through their Italian site as a discount. Again, not NCL, so I don't know what they would do.

For a large savings, it might be worthwhile to call and ask, but I'd be very hesitant to book this without specifically calling to check with the UK or EU broker for NCL. If they determine you violate the terms, you could end up forfeiting your deposit (worst case scenario, but my mantra is "Hope for the best, plan for the worst.")

You make very good points. thankyou.gif

wow that is a big difference - we are from the UK and often use a USA travel agent as we really don't get much in the way of OBC offers but have to say when we did the Breakaway recently we paid £800 less that it was to book it on the uK site by using a uk TA. ANd it was a lot less than using the USA TA.

I'm not sure if you can use a UK TA or not if you live in the USA as we needed a USA address to book with a USA TA

As someone else has said, our deposits are higher and non refundable and we cannot take advantage of price drops

We are British, based in the UK, but usually book NCL with our US-based PCC. We have also booked with a US TA with no need for an American address. We will check US/UK prices before booking but, as others have stated, deposits in the UK are non-refundable.

Archived