Sea-Band Motion Sickness

vegasglitz

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd share this great savings I found. Sav-on (part of Albertson's) for $5.99 on sale, regular price is $9.99. I almost purchased them today at Wal-Mart and they were $8.99 and Walgreens also has them for $9.99

These work great for motion sickness without causing drowsiness or other side effects. Great for all ages!

It's count down time for us..........Alaska Infinity 7/24/05

• 2 weeks later...

Are they the pressure point bands you put on your wrists?

I bought them when I was pregnant and they didn't do a thing for my morning/all-day sickness. I tried all those "supposed" nausea cures and none of them worked. The only thing that worked for me was Zofran.

Maybe they work differently for motion sickness. But I thought motion sickness was related to the inner ear/vertigo.

• 3 weeks later...
Are they the pressure point bands you put on your wrists?

I bought them when I was pregnant and they didn't do a thing for my morning/all-day sickness. I tried all those "supposed" nausea cures and none of them worked. The only thing that worked for me was Zofran.

Maybe they work differently for motion sickness. But I thought motion sickness was related to the inner ear/vertigo.

Ditto for me. Zofran was a wonder-drug!

• 3 weeks later...

No, Zofran is a Rx drug for anti-nausea, chemo patients receive to try to combat their nausea, it doesn't work on everyone who takes chemo, I didn't know they give it to pregnant women.

The bands didn't work for the chemo nausea, but the pharmacist said they wouldn't probably, not the same nausea as with sea sickness according to him, and it has to be on the "right point" otherwise it doesn't work.

I'm going on my first cruise, I hope I don't need them, but have them for just in case

• 3 weeks later...

This next cruise is supposed to be rough seas (betw. LA and Hawaii) so I'm considering taking along something for nausea for the first time. On some other forum (Maybe Princess?) there was a thread debating the different methods. Some posters mentioned ginger (candied ginger, Ginger flavor of altroids, etc.) So I'm going to bring both of these (first found in local grocery store, second at Target by cashier).

Archived