Suggestions/doable for our last 2 hours or so

coronadogal

We are on the Serenade of the Seas in December and my family of 4 wants to do the kayak tour which runs from 11:30 until 2:30, includes tour of island. The ship is scheduled to leave at 5:00. Would it be doable to walk to the Southern Most Point and back? We are active walkers and the girls are 19 and 17. Best place to stop for key lime pie on the way? Is there something better we should do with our time? Family isn't interested in Hemingway history. I also figured we could take a taxi back if we start running out of time.

To me seeing the Hemingway House or Truman Whitehouse would be a lot better than a photo op at a bouy (Southernmost Point). But to each their own:) We went to the Southernmost Point our first trip to KW and it was a big let down, have been to KW the past 12 years and never been back there.....

I just received my map of Key West and my husband and I were wondering about the Truman White House. I will look into it. We live near the most southwesterly city so thought it would be a fun photo op to have with the most southern point. Mainly hoping enough time to look around after our kayaking.

I think you are looking at about 1.5 mile walk to get to the buoy from the cruise terminal. Probably neat to see one time (I have) but not worth the hike IMHO.

I'm assuming that the ship will dock at the regular terminal. We had a stop there one time that docked at the Naval Station for some reason. Had to take a shuttle bus plus go through a security check to get back to the ship.

Charlie

Archived