Newbies Question

ali6879

Got my docs yesterday so I'm very excited. Two questions came from reading through the information.

1. Do I need to have my 8 year old sign the Sign and Sail Card? I don't want her having charging privileges.

2. Do we have to have a porter take our luggage? We can't just carry it on the ship ourselves?

Thanks in advance to all the help. We leave the 25th!

1) Yes, your DD has her own S&S card, it's her ship's ID. I don't know if you can have it blocked from purchases. I'd just tell your DD that she is NOT to use it for purchases and check your folio regularly, which is a good idea anyway! I gave my teen permission to get an on-line package on our last cruise. It was charged 3!!! times and because I caught it early it was easy to get removed!

2) Unless your luggage is smaller than 11X17 you are pretty much stuck using the porters and tipping them. It's only a dollar per bag, not too bad!

1. Although she'll have a card, as a minor she will not have charging privledges. However, she can use it to get tokens unless you ask to have it deactivated.

2. Only if it will fit within the dimensions of the security scanners. Otherwise, no. But why bother?

Ali, don't worry. 99.9% of passenger's luggage gets on the ship.

When you get to the pier, just look for the busy-busy guy with the manifest (on a clipboard most likely). He's the one in charge, and he'll make sure your luggage gets where it's suppose to be (even though he is not a Carnival employee. These guys are employed by the port authority). Tip $1 per piece of luggage. It'll be fine.:)

Ali, don't worry. 99.9% of passenger's luggage gets on the ship.

When you get to the pier, just look for the busy-busy guy with the manifest (on a clipboard most likely). He's the one in charge, and he'll make sure your luggage gets where it's suppose to be (even though he is not a Carnival employee. These guys are employed by the port authority). Tip $1 per piece of luggage. It'll be fine.:)

Good advice!!! I giv $5 for 3 bags it gets there!!!

My dd's were 13 and 16 on our last cruise and for their s&s cards we were able to put $20 on each card. that way they could get a soda or some other thing, like dessert in the cafe, if they wanted. Have a great cruise:)

Derf! :D Somehow, I just knew you'd pop in here to challenge my uneducated 'guesstimate'. Is this better?.....

"Ali, it's very, very rare that you hear of any luggage being lost or misplaced."

BTW, love the pic! Nice to see what a derf and derfette look like.:)

Archived