Bringing drinks on to the Dream???

Are they still refusing to allow people to bring bottles of Wine aboard the Dream?

We sail on 26 October and it is my Birthday the following day. Would like to take a bottle of Champagne on board when we arrive to drink on deck before breakfast on the 27th.

champagne before breakfast:eek: ohh the luxury...the decadence...sounds a lovely way to celebrate:cool:

unfortunately, but no you cannot bring your own booze to drink inthe public spaces

at one time yes, they were confiscating (your own) booze on the gangway but I haven’t heard much aboutthis lately so maybe they have relented?...evenso...you can only bring drink on board to drink in your own private cabin

I am taking some Champagne for my Birthday but will drink it of the ship. It should be nice and chilled now they have a fridge in the cabin.

Thats a lovely idea k8ti! Unfortunately, my birthday is our sea day so we will not be able to drink it off ship. Nice that it is on the Gala Night though.

Thanks everyone for your replies - even though we cannot take it on deck think we will still take a bottle and have it in our cabin before breakfast.

"Would like to take a bottle of Champagne on board when we arrive to drink on deck before breakfast on the 27th."

With all due respect - would a hotel allow guests to bring their own alcoholic drinks onto the premises for consumption in a public area ?

With all due respect - would a hotel allow guests to bring their own alcoholic drinks onto the premises for consumption in a public area ?

yes...I agree....with all due respect....it is people bringing on their own booze purchased ashore to drink in the bars/restaurants/public spaces that probably caused thoms to start the confiscations of all booze brought on board

in march when we were on the dream (caribbean).....my own duty free bottle (from the onboard shops) was removed from my person and sent to the slammer until the last day when it was returned....they were scanning all bags at the gangway and inspecting any bottles of liquid (coke/water/suncream) I even had to down a cup of rum punch from the rhum runner at the gangway:mad:

they do seem to have relented on this policy now that dream is in the med??

With all due respect - the reason we wanted to take our own Bubby for a pre-Breakfast toast on my birthday was due to the fact we had been told that the bars are not open at that time. Otherwise we would have purchased a couple of glasses of sparkling Wine.

Anyway, we have contacted Thomson and arranged for a bottle to be served at our table at breakfasttime.

With all due respect - the reason we wanted to take our own Bubby for a pre-Breakfast toast on my birthday was due to the fact we had been told that the bars are not open at that time. Otherwise we would have purchased a couple of glasses of sparkling Wine.

Anyway, we have contacted Thomson and arranged for a bottle to be served at our table at breakfasttime.

yep, its a problem the bars dont open until 10am, I have often wondered what would happen if you would like to enjoy a champagne breakfast (birthdays/christmas morning/weddings etc?)

tbh....i think they would allow you to drink your own fizz at breakfast but will probably charge a corkage??

or

I'm guessing that if you asked them, the waiters would go fetch a bottle??

Geomagot

"in march when we were on the dream (caribbean).....my own duty free bottle (from the onboard shops) was removed from my person and sent to the slammer until the last day when it was returned....they were scanning all bags at the gangway and inspecting any bottles of liquid (coke/water/suncream) I even had to down a cup of rum punch from the rhum runner at the gangway"

:mad:

To what lengths did they go to inspect bottles of liquid ?

Open them - to smell, taste etc. ?

they just looked at them wcm they didnt open anything....several times they held back ms magots bag (from the scanner) and fished out any bottles... (bottles of water)

one time she has a bottle of some sort of spiced syrup? which had been carefully wrapped in the shop, they fished it out of her bag, unwrapped it, shock it about a bit, then put it back

cant say the same for my bottles of caribs....they were removed from my arms and thrown in the lock up!:(

Anyway, we have contacted Thomson and arranged for a bottle to be served at our table at breakfast time.

We had our 25th on the sea day Gala Day. It was fabulous. We had the strawberry and Champagne breakfast. Pure Decadence. This year for my 50th we should be in Cannes and that is when we thought a Champagne picnic would be lovely. It may be just Champagne without the picnic but with both my sisters it will be fun.

Off the topic anyway I am taking party bags. My sisters I have sorted but has anybody ideas for the mens? Taking account of the size of the party bag and that chocolate may well melt.

Hope you have FANTASTIC Birthday. And enjoy Breakfast.

they just looked at them wcm they didnt open anything....several times they held back ms magots bag (from the scanner) and fished out any bottles... (bottles of water)

one time she has a bottle of some sort of spiced syrup? which had been carefully wrapped in the shop, they fished it out of her bag, unwrapped it, shock it about a bit, then put it back

cant say the same for my bottles of caribs....they were removed from my arms and thrown in the lock up!:(

Thanks for that - such "inspections" look like to be going through the motions for appearances sake only.

Sorry to hear your booze was confiscated.

I though Prohibition ended in 1933 !!!

Party Bags for men? What about cruise ship cuff links? Haribo Tangy sweets? Balloons with those noisy whistles on. Candy whistles. Hope you have a lovely birthday. :)

Ship cuff links! Perfect! I have dib dabs and soda fountains. I used to love them. I was given a threpenny bit pocket money as a small child and they were my treat. Along with black jacks. OO I'm beginning to drool.

Ship cuff links! Perfect! I have dib dabs and soda fountains. I used to love them. I was given a threpenny bit pocket money as a small child and they were my treat. Along with black jacks. OO I'm beginning to drool.

Me too, K8ti. Used to love sherbet. I have just bought a Pand*** charm today as a souvenir of my upcoming Adriatic cruise......a Venetian gondola. I was going to buy ship cuff links for DH last year and there was plenty of choice when I googled it. :)

Party Bags for men? What about cruise ship cuff links? Haribo Tangy sweets? Balloons with those noisy whistles on. Candy whistles. Hope you have a lovely birthday. :)

Me too, K8ti. Used to love sherbet. I have just bought a Pand*** charm today as a souvenir of my upcoming Adriatic cruise......a Venetian gondola. I was going to buy ship cuff links for DH last year and there was plenty of choice when I googled it. :)

I just bought two sets from e b y. What a great idea. I have been racking my brain for weeks. So pleased with your idea. It all adds to the fun of the day.

I just bought two sets from e b y. What a great idea. I have been racking my brain for weeks. So pleased with your idea. It all adds to the fun of the day.

Now thinking of getting some for DH as a surprise for him on next cruise. :D

Archived