Med cruise:port ideas for young children

dritan

Hi

We are taking the plunge and cruising with the kids for the first time. Wondered if anyone with experience of the ports below can review my plans and see if they are feasible?

My children are 5 and 3( will turn three in September). Currently she is walking about and only rarely use a stroller. Really debating whether to take one/buy a little travel stroller for the trip as we probably wouldn't be using it again afterwards. She walks quite a lot ( about 20 mins to get to her nursery in the morning and same in the evening).

The ports are as follows:

Heraklion - ship leaves at 11pm, so will either stay on ship or may try a trip to Knossos as it's only 5 km aways from the town centre.

Santorini - tempted to get a shore excursion as I don't fancy a long queue at the cable car with the two little ones. ( Think there are three other ships in port that day.)

Izmir - do a bus trip around the main city. It has a hop on hop off service so might just get off and on if they get restless. (Hubby and myself have been to Epheseus a few years back).

Piraeus - will go into Athens and walk around the Plaka area and perhaps explore the Temple to Zeus area. Last time, we climbed the Acropolis, so are not worried about missing it this time around.

Katalon - not sure whether to just walk around the small town itself or go with Katalon express to the Olympic site - my son was very into the Olympic games last year here in London, so might be nice for him to go.

Rome - we have a sea day before, so think we will go into rome via train. Thinking of focusing on the Borghese Park which has the Zoo and the Gallery ( for me:D)

Savona - have a transfer to Nice airport arranged with Costa - should be a nice drive along the coast.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Archived