Fortress of Louisbourg question

We are interested in this tour, but wondering if there are benches or other places to sit scattered throughout the place. The ship's tour indicates it's a level 2 in terms of physical exertion, but none of the "difficulties" associated with level 2 (cobblestones, uneven surfaces, short hills, stairs) is a problem for my mom so long as she can occasionally sit and rest her back.

Given the fact that it's a "period" place, however, we don't want to go into it assuming there will be any place to sit at all. Their website and other sources online indicate that it's not ideal for wheelchairs, but that doesn't really answer our question.

Grateful for any feedback from those who have been there.

We are interested in this tour, but wondering if there are benches or other places to sit scattered throughout the place. The ship's tour indicates it's a level 2 in terms of physical exertion, but none of the "difficulties" associated with level 2 (cobblestones, uneven surfaces, short hills, stairs) is a problem for my mom so long as she can occasionally sit and rest her back.

Given the fact that it's a "period" place, however, we don't want to go into it assuming there will be any place to sit at all. Their website and other sources online indicate that it's not ideal for wheelchairs, but that doesn't really answer our question.

Grateful for any feedback from those who have been there.

There are definitely benches scattered around - I recall picking up one of 'ye olde loaves of soldier bread' and sitting down to eat it. There was a fair bit of dirt/gravel, steps & sloping paths - probably why wheelchairs aren't recommended. What I don't recall is how many benches were around or how far apart they tended to be - I wasn't looking for them specifically and it was several years ago...

Archived