Play it by ear?

iswimforbrighterdays

If you decide to wait, best to have a plan b and c ready since what you want may no longer be available. If it's a cruise line excursion, you could book it and then be mindful of the cancellation policy if you think your child won't be able to do it. For us, no matter what age, as long as I have enough snacks (sealed packages brought from home), drinks and little amusements, my girls have always done well, but I keep reasonable expectations for them (no "city" tours with shopping/museum stops, etc).

Best,

Mia

If you decide to wait' date=' best to have a plan b and c ready since what you want may no longer be available. If it's a cruise line excursion, you could book it and then be mindful of the cancellation policy if you think your child won't be able to do it. For us, no matter what age, as long as I have enough snacks (sealed packages brought from home), drinks and little amusements, my girls have always done well, but I keep reasonable expectations for them (no "city" tours with shopping/museum stops, etc).

Best,

Mia[/quote']

She will be about 2.5 at the time of the cruise. She is just really getting into the terrible two's with throwing tantrums. We've taken her to the beach 3 times this summer and 1 was a complete bust. I was thinking of doing the dolphin encounter. I also was *hoping* she'd love CC enough to let us get some snorkeling in while she's there. Not sure which locations offer snorkeling and if that's got to be booked in advance.

Personally, I'd only book an excursion now if it is something that you really, really want to do. When we took DD (2) in May we went back & forth. In the end we just walked around the port shops in St Maarten & St Thomas (never got off in Nassau). DD was happy to play in the pool area while it wasn't crowded. We thought about doing a beach, but were doing a beach weekend shortly after the cruise.

We are taking DS (3.5) and DD (17m) on a dolphin excursion, but booked it independently from the cruise ship and DS is free. THe plan is for DH and DS to do it, and DD and I to watch- but if DS freaks out, he'll sit out as well.

It really depends on what you want to do, and how important it is that you do it! If you're ok with not getting a spot, then certainly you can wait. If it's a "must do", then go ahead and book it. As the time gets closer, you can cancel...usually 24-48 hours out.

Some things don't require an excursion at all....more info to us would allow us to make a more informed reply!

It really depends on what you want to do, and how important it is that you do it! If you're ok with not getting a spot, then certainly you can wait. If it's a "must do", then go ahead and book it. As the time gets closer, you can cancel...usually 24-48 hours out.

Some things don't require an excursion at all....more info to us would allow us to make a more informed reply!

Out ports are grand turk, HMC and nassau. I'd like to do some snorkeling. SO and I can either take turns doing a snorkeling excursion or leave her with CC and snorkel nearby the ship. I'd rather snorkel together but I have no idea if she'll adjust to CC enough for us to leave her there and go off the boat. We could also bring her onto the beach and take turns snorkeling too. I think we are definitely going to book the Blue Lagoon dolphin encounter.

Archived