Safes on the majesty

Please does anyone know how much it costs to hire the safes on the majesty and if they are big enough to accommodate an I pad?

Also which type of adapters do we need to take please?

We sail this Saturday from Corfu on the Adriatic explorer itinerary and as we will be on the ship from lunchtime wondered if there is anything to see in the port area or is it just an industrial area? If the town is accessible we were hoping to have a wander off the ship.

Any advice appreciated thanks!

Please does anyone know how much it costs to hire the safes on the majesty and if they are big enough to accommodate an I pad?

Also which type of adapters do we need to take please?

We sail this Saturday from Corfu on the Adriatic explorer itinerary and as we will be on the ship from lunchtime wondered if there is anything to see in the port area or is it just an industrial area? If the town is accessible we were hoping to have a wander off the ship.

Any advice appreciated thanks!

£15 per week and £25 for 2 weeks to hire a safe.

Some safes are big enough to take an iPad but on my last cruise on Majesty the safe was a different and smaller one so not big enough for my iPad. I had to keep it in my case under the bed and hope for the best. It was fine.

There are 2 sockets. One is a continental socket, for 230v and the other is an American socket, 110v. I take a continental adaptor and a 3 socket extension with a short lead, so I can charge up iPad, phone, camera at the same time.

If you arrive early afternoon, there will be plenty of time to go into Corfu town. It is quite a walk and very hot at this time of year. We took the local bus which drops you off at the edge of the old town in a square. You can just cross the road and enter the lovely narrow streets which are full of tourist shops and tavernas. Just keep walking and eventually you may come out at the Liston beside the cricket pitch which is surrounded by parked cars. There are lots of shaded seating areas where we had a beer and a ginger beer and rested our legs. You may even have time to cross over the cricket pitch (only identifiable by a long piece of ground with no grass on it) to the castle which was free to enter when we went. You could get a taxi back to the ship from this area or walk back to where you got off the bus. I think the bus fare was €1.20 each single. There is also a lovely little church near the Liston, St Spiridon's church.

PS you may have to ask in the cruise port building for directions to the bus stop. We did, as there are no directions.

£15 one week £25 for two. Adaptors One European and one American. Take a 4 gang extension cable

The ship berth quite a way from the old town so either get a Taxi or bus. We tried walking but did not get anywhere nice in the first day heat. I had no problem getting my iPad in the safe outside plus cabin

Edited by mark70

• 8 months later...
£15 one week £25 for two. Adaptors One European and one American. Take a 4 gang extension cable

The ship berth quite a way from the old town so either get a Taxi or bus. We tried walking but did not get anywhere nice in the first day heat. I had no problem getting my iPad in the safe outside plus cabin

I know this is an old thread, but is the cost still the same, £15 for one week on majesty?

Also, is the safe size random, or is it that the standard cabins have tiny safes and the standard plus cabins have bigger safes?

Thanks.

We have just come off Majesty where we had 3 cabins due to a flood all over the floor and under the bed. We paid the £25 for a safe for the 2 weeks, and needed the instructions for the safes as we had 2 different types over the cabins. They were small and the tablet wouldn't go in it, but all our other bits and bobs went in and we worked them fine, no problems.