Disembarkation time on last day

We'll be on the Star Princess, disembarking on August 3rd. Our flight leaves Copenhagen at 1:00 PM. Does anyone know if it would be possible for us to disembark fairly late in the morning, so we don't have to get up really early and then wait around in the airport for hours? Thanks, Susan

I was on June 14th sailing of Star and had an early morning flight but in their disembarkation literature they try to clear all passengers by 10 or 10:30am. My nephew had a 3:40pm flight and left the ship at 9:30am. You can check with Princess and see what they can do for you. They usually have another group coming on for departure the day you arrive and need to get the ship ready. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Cory

We'll be on the Star Princess, disembarking on August 3rd. Our flight leaves Copenhagen at 1:00 PM. Does anyone know if it would be possible for us to disembark fairly late in the morning, so we don't have to get up really early and then wait around in the airport for hours? Thanks, Susan
We also disembark August 3 and were told that they take you to a day room at a hotel at the airport to wait until time to leave for you flight if you take the Princess transfer. (we leave at 3:30 pm)

BJS, Where did you hear the info about the day room?? My flight is 4pm & I was considering trying to change it. Thanks!
On the back of the "Post Cruise Voucher" coupon it says "This voucher entitles you to a transfer from the ship to the Copenhagen International Airport (CPH). Tansfer may be direct from the ship to the airport, or via a hospitality room, and is valid on disembarkation day only"

I had read previously the room was for flights after noon.

I have read that many times that they take you to the hotel.

My flight is 1:45. I called Princess, and she said she does not know where I got that information, and they take you to the airport with the Princess transfers.

But I don't mind looking around in the airport. Someone mentioned that Copenhagen is a nice airport. Also read that it is a 30 minute ride to the airport.

Does anyone know if it is?

On the back of the "Post Cruise Voucher" coupon it says "This voucher entitles you to a transfer from the ship to the Copenhagen International Airport (CPH). Tansfer may be direct from the ship to the airport, or via a hospitality room, and is valid on disembarkation day only"

I had read previously the room was for flights after noon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BJS, Thanks so much. When my documents come I will check it out. :)

We just returned yesterday from the 6/24 sailing. While on board, Princess attempted to sell more transfers to the airport saying that cabs would be scarce. Since we had a 5pm departure, we were not alarmed so we stayed with our original plans to take independent transportation. We assumed we would be one of the last ones off the ship and was taking our time getting ready. We actually were off the ship by 715am and there was a taxi waiting as we walked through with our luggage! We took the taxi to the Central train station where we stored it for about $20 and took off exploring the city on foot.

The cruise line gives you a quetionaire to fill out to find out what your plans are, we forgot to turn ours in, so I'm assuming if you have early flights they will try to accomodate you. The first passengers were cleared around 645am.

Hope this helps.

I'll be one of those that need to get off by 6:45 since we have a 10 o'clock flight. We plan to walk to the Nordhaven train station take that to Central and then take the train to the airport, I think we'll have enough time.

If you're planning on using the Nordhaven station, I would suggest that you take a taxi there or directly to Central Station. It cost about 130DKK which is a little less than $20 to the central station. There is very little traffic out at 7am and it was not difficult to get the taxi. It is not an easy walk from the terminal. You have a winding way out in addition I think you will have to cross over a major road as well as the tracks to get to the station.

Archived